Shropshire Paddock Care (Formerly Shropshire Paddock and Groundcare)

Strangely, there is no mechanism to leave independent reviews/comments for Shropshire Paddock Care on YELL or Google. As such Im posting this to give anyone entering a contract with Shropshire Paddock Care the heads up following our recent 'unpleasant' experience in efforts to build an arena. Please note, I’m categorically not saying do not use SPC, I’m highlighting awareness to ensure both you and SPC are contractually covered in the eventuality of a similar situation to ours.

WARNING: If using SPC please ensure any contract clearly identifies payment instalments will only be made on satisfactory completion of all works associated to each Schedule, regardless of dates SPC have stated each payment instalment is due. I.e. SPC complete work Schedule 1 in full, you pay 1st instalment/ SPC complete work Schedule 2 in full, you pay 2nd instalment etc etc. Do NOT pay for any incomplete works in advance of a satisfactory finish, (like we did). The date by which SPC have stated they will complete each Schedule is irrelevant and they should not demand payment milestones until the associated work Schedule milestones are delivered. If work Schedules are not complete by dates given by SPC, then payment instalments associated with that particular Schedule is not due. In addition, please ensure there is a termination clause stating cancellation rights that prevents them walking off site, like they did to us.

Considering their claim of 28 years in the game, Im sure there are satisfied customers out there that have used SPC historically, and there may be some (genuine) positive feedback to this thread, however I would warn anyone intending to use SPC in the future to ensure that the contract with them states payment instalments will only be made when all works associated with each Schedule are completed to a satisfactory finish. Withholding payment is a great incentive to ensure work is completed to a standard you see fit and ensure you are protected as a customer. Also insist on a termination clause, both for you and them.

Unfortunately our situation with SPC has become untenable and is now with my solicitor. I would be interested to hear any similar experiences out there – feel free to private message me.

I hope this post serves to protect future customers and SPC from similar experiences. I will leave a more detailed post in due course.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
I hope you get your problem resolved, one thing that is on my mind.
When anyone posts on facebook berating a company etc they are warned not to as it can interferre with any legal action being taken. I don't know if this applies to forums etc but do becareful incase it does. If your case went to court anything written on here maybe classed as libel by the company no matter how much evidence you have and could backfire on you.
I could be totally wrong as not a legal person just trying to make you aware and find out before you say anything else, hope that helps and good luck, Oz

Many thanks Cremedementhe. Narrative was previously checked by a solicitor for anything defamatory. At this stage, it is merely a heads up to warn anyone entering a contract with them to ensure parties are covered legally, and that includes Shropshire Paddock Care. I would hate to similar events to either party in the future. A more detailed review will be left at a later date.