Shy's MUCH better (COPD)

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Thankyou for all your lovely messages! Shyboy is half way through a 4 week course of meds for a severe COPD attack, and is doing well. I'm going to clip just his thighs and belly where he sweats up, only a microclip. I looked into cardboard bedding, and the delivery alone was €400 ? . I wish I understood how it developed. No riding for me, but that's ok, I have my beloved boys ?

Ps, his meds are costing almost €300 a month. ? ps spot 32 year old Pepsi ?

Merry Christmas everyone xxx

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_221724.jpg
    IMG_20190910_221724.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
I had a mare who developed very bad copd. I was told she wouldn't be able to be ridden again. She made a great recovery with treatment and was able to be in full work again. So don't give up hope because it can happen

PurBee

Visit site
Glad shy is improving, thats great news….going in the right direction!

I second the comment to get a prescription from your vet so you can buy the meds online and save some money, as vets often charge a fair bit ontop of r.r.p. for meds.

The bedding delivery cost is crazy….im guessing that international?

In france, can you get miscanthus bedding, have you tried that before? Some companies chip it into quite big pieces, its like chopped up bamboo….just softer. Its a heavy bedding that doesnt move much with horses on it, and far less dusty than shavings, pellets. Some companies chop miscanthus up really fine so has a lot more sawdust in it - so its a case of searching through suppliers, looking at the pics they provide…ring them and discuss size of bedding/dust - get a sample bale before committing to a pallet. It rots down very quickly on the muck heap too!
Wish i could find a supplier of it, but uk to eire courier is silly…especially post brexit.

Another type of non dust bedding is fine wood chip screened for dust. Usually virgin pine/spruce is used so they dont grow moulds, unlike other beddings.