Sick of horsey people

andytiger

Visit site
Hi
folks just wanted to rant really
I’m sick of people at the minute why do some people think they can say what they want.
I have just sold my horse so may be feeling a tad sensative however I just wish people would keep there opinions to themselves unless asked for.
As I was getting my horse ready to be collected YO said he’s looking very fluffy And I said new owner didn’t want him clipped she replied well she’s probably going to keep him like he’s a proper horse ( what the F&@k is that ment to mean)
my horse is my God They are healthy and happy)
I wish I was a bit sharper tounged would have told her to do one.
then she said that the stable hand hand said will we ever be able to teach me to treat my new horse like it’s a horse.
well if it anything like the way they look after horses then No

Rant over

thanks for reading feel better for getting it off my chest.

Winters100

Visit site
I hope the rant made you feel better - sometimes it is needed. It is truly quite strange how people love to give 'advice' about horse care. Best to smile and carry on as you were. I just wish I had a pound for every time I have been given unwanted, and sometimes ridiculous advice!

Quigleyandme

Visit site
OMG tell me about it. I have two 19 month old RID geldings and I live in a really wet place with heavy soil that doesn’t drain and one local dairy farmer who keeps a couple of morose looking nags on a patch of wet builders sand nine months of the year tells me every time I see him, “We don’t have any animals on the land through the winter you know.” I respond every time about young horses’ needs and it being easier to do remedial work on the land in spring than to deal with stable vices, filled legs, slack tendons, lack of muscle tone, COPD and depression. The horses are in from 15:00 to 09:30 anyway. Last week I just responded, “The way you keep your dairy cows is not the way giraffes are kept at the safari park you know.” He looked puzzled. He drives me insane.

Visit site
It’s amazing how many bossy-boots there are in the horse world.

It’s difficult to think of any other pastime, or type of animal husbandry, where folk feel inclined to offer their unsolicited opinion so rudely and so often.

Does the YO offer an (overpriced) clipping service, perhaps?!

You behaved with admirable restraint. I hope you find a nicer yard for your next horse!

Winters100

Visit site
I think the best 'advice' that I had this week was regarding giving hay to my mare. She is difficult to keep the weight on and has ad lib hay at all times. This 'pro' told me that it was dangerous to give so much and that I should put her in his care so that he could manage her diet. I tried to be polite and enquired what he thought was dangerous about hay, especially for a horse who has 0 chance of becoming a fatty, but all I got was a sales pitch about how wonderful my horses would look if I hired him to manage them and how I would not have to go to the stable. I suppose in this case I could stay at home and take up knitting, but it is not high on my agenda!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
I think the best 'advice' that I had this week was regarding giving hay to my mare. She is difficult to keep the weight on and has ad lib hay at all times. This 'pro' told me that it was dangerous to give so much and that I should put her in his care so that he could manage her diet. I tried to be polite and enquired what he thought was dangerous about hay, especially for a horse who has 0 chance of becoming a fatty, but all I got was a sales pitch about how wonderful my horses would look if I hired him to manage them and how I would not have to go to the stable. I suppose in this case I could stay at home and take up knitting, but it is not high on my agenda!
Hope you told him to jog on lol x