Sick of

Nailed

Visit site
My pissy horrible mare lol.
She wees at the front of her stable, not on her bedding, so it goes straight out the door.. it horrible. And its looking like were going to end up on shavings as im sick of the straw being useless =o(

Moan over!

Lou x

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
I hated my pissy old mare's stable too so gave her away and got another gelding - someone else can stem the flood
laugh.gif
It is one thing that I have noticed about all the mares I have known, their ability to pee!

(I did retire her to a fantastic home as a companion really!)

Cliqmo

Visit site
A friend of mine put down a thin layer of shavings (cheap as chips stuff she gets from a carpenter friend) as a base and puts straw over the top as her mare does exactly the same
smirk.gif

treena

Visit site
just think of all the bedding you are saving by her weeing at the front. just wash it down with a bit of disinfectant and water to get rid of the smell. just an idea...... is she near a gelding...

Harriephebs

Visit site
I make a beautiful bed for my mares with nice big banks and deep in the middle and what do they do....wee in the banks! so i have to remove the huge banks and clear the puddle!

CBAnglo

Visit site
My friend trained her mare to pee in a bucket - really did save her a lot of shavings.

When you brought her in she would stand there hopping from one hind leg to the other until you could turn around and get her bucket and then she would pee into it with a very relieved look on her face!

Hippona

Visit site
Our mares a right minger.......

.....shavings cost a fortune with her...it was a complete po/piss fest every morning...
shocked.gif
smirk.gif

Now she's on matting with a sprinkling of straw which is cleaned out totally every day....its the cheapest least-stenching option we could find......

Dubsie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My friend trained her mare to pee in a bucket - really did save her a lot of shavings.

When you brought her in she would stand there hopping from one hind leg to the other until you could turn around and get her bucket and then she would pee into it with a very relieved look on her face!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is cool - I think I might try it with No1 LGW as she wees as soon as she's put in the trailer, a bit like we go to the loo before we go out I think she knows she's going somewhere and doesn't want to wee whilst in motion.