Side saddle

tuscanyD

Visit site
Any one had a go?

Is it possible to hire a saddle for a lesson?

Any good points/ bad points etc

Is it fun/hard/pointless...?

I've always fancied it....

Jo C

Visit site
I do sidesaddle, my instructor will provide a saddle for you to have a go in, I am in Essex but I am sure there are instructors who could help where you are. I love it although it does make me ache the next couple of days if I don't do it regularly and its not hard to do at all.

sally2008

Visit site
I used to ride side-saddle. The YO where I trained was a keen enthusiast and taught all her working pupils. Like anything new, it takes a bit of getting used to - canter on the left rein feels horrendous to start with but it soon feels more natural. As long as you keep your left shoulder forward and square to the horses shoulders you feel very secure as it keeps you "locked" into the pommels.

I don't know that hiring a saddle for a lesson would be possible or a good idea but I'm sure if you contact the Side Saddle Association they will have details of instructors / etablishments were you can give it a try.

Give it a go, it's great fun - particularly jumping!

tuscanyD

Visit site
ooh sounds good. I'm in Norfolk - does your instructor travel?
Where are you roughly - I wouldn't mind travelling to her or she might know someone nearer me.

Can you do dressage side saddle?

PoppyPony

Visit site
i rode side saddle at pony camp and was told it was basically impossible to fall off...10 minutes later i was on the floor!

it was good fun though