Silicone coming off riding tights

TWMD

Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? Bought a pair of the Dublin Cool It Riding Tights about 6 months ago. After the first wash the little silicone bits started to loosen and then fall off and now the seat is all patchy.

I’ve washed at 30 degrees according to instructions which also says no fabric softener. I really like them and would purchase another pair but don’t want to waste my money if the silicone just falls off!

Any ideas why this has happened?!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? Bought a pair of the Dublin Cool It Riding Tights about 6 months ago. After the first wash the little silicone bits started to loosen and then fall off and now the seat is all patchy.

I’ve washed at 30 degrees according to instructions which also says no fabric softener. I really like them and would purchase another pair but don’t want to waste my money if the silicone just falls off!

Any ideas why this has happened?!

I’ve found exactly the same with the Dublin warm-it tights. One pair has gone threadbare in the seat/ thigh area within 6 months, the second pair is going that way too. Much as I like them for comfort, fit and look I don't think I’ll be buying again, they’re not cheap so I’d expect them to last longer.

Fiona

Visit site
My Dublin cool it tights are still pristine after being bought at Burghley last year, I'm v impressed. I haven't washed them in any special way.

However my noble outfitters winter breeches have quite a bit of silicon coming off the knee patches which looks horrible, and when I asked on here I was advised a. to contact the shop, but also b. that I had dried them on a radiator once, and that one occasion may have damaged the silicon enough for it to start to lift :(

Fiona

eggs

Visit site
I've got two pairs of Dublin warm-it tights and not had this problem. However I don't put them in the dryer and just hang them over a door to dry.

CavaloBranco

Visit site
I've also got the Dublin warm-it and cool-it tights, all of mine look perfect still as well. I'd contact the manufacturers....

TWMD

Visit site
Hmm strange! I always hang them out to dry, no radiator etc. Will contact Dublin and see what they say