silly old fool does teeny tiny arena eventing

TRECtastic

Visit site
As me and H haven’t jumped a course for ages I thought we’d have a go at teeny tiny arena eventing today
We only compete at TREC nowadays which usually only has 1 maybe 2 jumps on the PTV which im usually happy to do
Luckily the place running the event (lincomb equestrian) had moved the comp from yesterday to today due to the forecast , no way would I have towed in yesterdays winds here
So we tootled off in glorious sunshine , parked up and then walked the course . it was a fab little course , 9 show jumps & then 7 timed x country jumps .
Henry warmed up fab , we were first to go so nice and quiet in the collecting ring , then into the very very large arena for the comp
We set off in a lovely canter , jumped all the show jumps clear then onto the x country ones , clear again over them , a very chuffed old fool & a very chilled horse who took it all in his stride
The results were announced , 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place for us with our double clear
So my first report on here and it isn’t about a TREC comp !
And a pic of henry and his rosette
33eh9jr.jpg

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Well done for coming 2nd and having the guts to go! I will get my brave pants on this summer I think and maybe enter something like this. Will have to be tiny though, I will be feeling nervous for weeks before as it is!

Like others have said - action shots next time please! :)

j1ffy

Visit site
That looks fun! Well done on your second place and I look forward to some TREC reports in future (hint hint ;))