Silly question - 3 day trot up?

ajf

Visit site
Ok no laughing but this is probably a really funny question for you proper eventers out there; but for a 3day do you (ie rider) wear the same outfit for both of the trot-ups or are you suppose to wear different ones?
Thanking you all kindly
grin.gif

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
only done MK unafff 3 day and I just wore whatever I ws going to wear for the next phase ie Dressage gear for the first and SJ gear for the second. As it happens, I wear different jackets for SJ and Dressage so I can fit my BP under the SJ jacket! I think this was SJ day but it was 4 years ago and my memory ain't what it was:

TrotUp1.jpg

cjdjivanovic

Visit site
One outfit will be fine unless it is so conspicuous that everyone will remember it; with the British climate you'll probably be adding or removing a layer at one or other anyway.

ajf

Visit site
Ah thanks guys. Shall try dark trousers and jacket and shoes and hope he doesn't get me to dirty for the first one!
wink.gif

kerilli

Visit site
you can wear the same outfit.
what i didn't realise was that you are sort-of supposed to wear trousers of a diff colour to your horse's legs, so they show up clearly... as for in-hand showing, light trousers with black legs, dark trews with grey, etc.
they must have cursed me, i wore silver to match my lovely grey, oops!

ajf

Visit site
Thanks Kerilli. Silver trousers with grey pony would have been very pretty!
Hmm my ponies black so excuse to go shopping I suppose!
wink.gif

MysteryGirl

Visit site
I was there for the trot up after XC at Weston Park last year and one bloke did it in drag, high heels and everything, how mad is that???!

Not that I'm suggesting you dress as the opposite sex or anything! Smart (but not riding) garb is all that's required.