Silly things your horse does...

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Just a 'lighten things up a bit' post really :eek:
Show us your pics of your horse doing those funny things they tend to do. Or a funny story :) I think this forum needs lightening up a bit! :rolleyes:

blood_magik

Visit site
not my horse, but i still thought it was pretty funny - he's playing tug-of-war with his leadrope

picture.php

Kenzo

Visit site
Well the lastest thing that made me roll my eyes and chuckle to myself and think typical :rolleyes: was this Sunday just gone.

Been jumping and on the way home in the car I thought to myself hmmm managed to lovely and clean all day (including my percil white breaches) not that I was trying to keep clean but it's always a bonus if you do :D anyway by time I got back I decided to go straight up to my yard to see to my two rather than going home and getting changed first.

So I mucked out, bedded down, hayed up and did the feeds, even managed to avoid the yard dog from jumping up at me with his muddy paws (still lovely and clean at this point) I thought I'd wander round to say hello to them both at the field gate, Mackenzie came walking up fast to the gate as if to say 'where have you been all day!' (think he'd missed his mum:D) and the poor little mare decided to come over (although she knows to keep her distance believe you me) and the nasty buggar flew round and went to chase her away (even though she was still half way up the field) and splattered me in the process from head to to toe in mud, even my face, I was literally spitting mud out of my teeth, my breaches and best pale coloured Barber was covered in brown sludge.

I thought that's just him all over.:rolleyes:

''Thanks Mackenzie, I missed you too'':D

Last edited:

Kenzo

Visit site
Kenzo - I want to know how you managed to muck out and still keep your white breeches clean. Forget the rest!

Well there was no grooming involved but I usually either spill coffee, get slavered on or at least drip a few dollops ketchup down me from a butty at some point!

Once did it hunting, everyone else was blattered in mud and I stayed clean (horse wasn't like) but I don't know how I managed that either. :confused:

Firehorse

Visit site
a silly thing my horse does that has me chuckling, is he'll be so busy looking around when we're out on a ride, he'll trip over fresh air and then startle himself. i dont like to stop him having a look round when we're on the Downs, but sometimes its a case of i have to for fear of him falling over.

CBFan

Visit site
My 3 year old jumped out of his skin and ran and hid at the back of his box at...............

My Farrier blowing his nose!!!

He also jumped out of his skin the first time he had a polo and it crunched in his mouth... ROTFL!!!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
He hee! Weez likes to pretend he's kissing you and then blow snot into your face.

He's never got me with that yet although I have lost a few friends.......... :rolleyes:

Kenzo

Visit site
My 3 year old jumped out of his skin and ran and hid at the back of his box at...............

My Farrier blowing his nose!!!

He also jumped out of his skin the first time he had a polo and it crunched in his mouth... ROTFL!!!

LOL

Oh bless him, the big poof :D

Tiny Fluffy Coblet

Visit site
Not my horse but one at my friend's yard was investigating a likkit and managed to get his enormous mouth right round it, he bit down and as it broke it made a bit of a crack noise. Poor likkle 18hh dressage monster leapt nearly out of his skin and stood at the back of the stable trembling for the next 10 mins. :D

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
a silly thing my horse does that has me chuckling, is he'll be so busy looking around when we're out on a ride, he'll trip over fresh air and then startle himself. i dont like to stop him having a look round when we're on the Downs, but sometimes its a case of i have to for fear of him falling over.

Mine does that too:rolleyes::D

KVH

Visit site
Haha!
When out hacking in the woods, if I give her a loose rein or loose slight concentration for afew seconds she will walk herself right into a tree!:rolleyes:

Wolfie

Visit site
He picks up his rugs, tramples on them and buries them in his bed if left unattended for even half a second. He also picks up whips and chomps them into pieces.

cloudandmatrix

Visit site
My matrix was both naughty and hilarious yesterday.
Horse next door has a big lick in its stable that Matrix has been eyeing up for a while....
So after I've changed his rug, I nip to get a brush. door is slightly open, but as I'm right there I dont think anything of it.
He starts to push it, then next thing i know, door is fully open, and hes off at the speed of light.....

Into the horses stable, straight for the lick!

His determination did make me laugh, he was a pony on a mission :rolleyes:

horsey mad matt

Visit site
My matrix was both naughty and hilarious yesterday.
Horse next door has a big lick in its stable that Matrix has been eyeing up for a while....
So after I've changed his rug, I nip to get a brush. door is slightly open, but as I'm right there I dont think anything of it.
He starts to push it, then next thing i know, door is fully open, and hes off at the speed of light.....

Into the horses stable, straight for the lick!

His determination did make me laugh, he was a pony on a mission :rolleyes:

cheaky pony :D they do make you laugh

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
When I first put a fly mask on my horse, she hated it, so she kept pulling it off and I'd find it randomly round the field. She then twigged though that I could find it and put it back on, so she started getting more sneaky and pulling it off and hiding it. I'd find it buried deep in hedges or bushes, where she'd stuck her head right in and then pulled back to get it off, leaving it out of sight and harder for me to find! Clever or wot!

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Hehe i love some of these!
As soon as I get gypsys headcollar out if the barn and he will quickly run down to the gate and look at you as if he's saying 'what are you waiting for I need to get some grass... Hurry up!' he's a cheeky sod sometimes but he does make me laugh :rolleyes:

JenHunt

Visit site

Ron does this ^^^ and he also gets really grumpy when he needs a wee and you're in his stable (he won't wee in public either), and he will only cuddle me, or wibble me back (when I'm grooming him) if there's nobody else around.

He picks up his rugs, tramples on them and buries them in his bed if left unattended for even half a second. He also picks up whips and chomps them into pieces.

Tom does this ^^ or dunks it in his water barrel (half blue plastic barrel half full with water). He also throws things at you if you're not paying him attention, and tries to sweep the yard with the broom if he can reach it. He also likes to lick the farrier's chaps (weird or what!). He also neighs at the trailer every time you move it, regardless of whether Ron is with him or with the trailer, or somewhere else!

LadyLuck1977

Visit site
Every morning when I turn up to let madam out she kisses when you get to the stable and when your inside she walks to the back door and rattles it then looks at you as if to say "carrots". ( feed stored in back of stable)BF just thinks she hasme very well trained.

KellyTL

Visit site
This is a great thread! some funny and clever horses/ponies out there! I have a very cheeky cob who is really playful! When im in the stable he happily comes along and grabs hold of the velcro on my boot, lifting my leg in the air! He has a habbit of grabbing onto things! Once he grabbed hold of my hood on my jumper, i was on the concrete part of his stable and he was on his bed (higher up than me) he decided to lift his head up as high as he could and actually lifted me off the ground for a few seconds before putting me back down! He does many funny things but the funniest i must say is he pops his tounge out, curls it up to his lip and then sucks on it! he does it all the time!

Kokopelli

Visit site
Andy will stand in his stable even if the door was left wide open he wouldn't step out, hes very well mannered bless him :p

Koko always ate dinner on 3 legs! If he didn't we would get worried about him:

IMG00043-20100902-1702.jpg

M'n'M

Visit site
Well anything within ten feet will get sucked in her mouth and its an adventure trying to retrieve it :D

She can take off all three shipping boots while I've got my back turned to get the fourth one. Needless to say we don't use them anymore :eek:

SwingHorse

Visit site
If you don't turn the equicizor (outdoor horse walker) on immediately, and I mean within 15 seconds, Eski will hit the floor to have a roll... usually breaking it :mad:
Ocioso showing how it should be done...
bdtg79.jpg

And what Eski thinks...
2cgipgo.jpg

siena

Visit site
i used to share a beautiful arab and there was a shetland that lived in the stable with her.. one night the shetland decided to pull the plug out of the automatic water drinker! the stable was a mess in the morning! also the shetland pulled every single one of the rugs of the poles and piled them up and stood on them to keep him away from all the water! i opened the door in the morning and peaches looked so pissed of she just walked out the stable while all this water came rushing out!