silver-whinnys-by-sox-for-horses

flying_high

Visit site
silver-whinnys-by-sox-for-horses do these work. I have WB with horrific allergic reaction 4 legs (vet etc). Removed source but legs and skin a mess, and a lot of clearing up to do. Horse arthritic and needs turnout, but field is rather harsh environment in this heat.

Cant cover traditionally as skin is so reactive / cracking and fragile, wondered if these work?

https://ofw.one/sox-for-horses/

£80 is rather a gamble. He has big feet.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yes they absolutely worked for my boy who has vasculitis. I dont think i paid anywhere near £80 though?
I bought them a few years ago. I would say they are quite difficult to get on and off, particularly if your horse wears shoes. Mine is retired and only needed to wear them behind so his hind shoes were off anyway. I wouldnt want to be fitting and removing daily but when required i put them on and then leave them alone, just adjusting if they have slipped (which they do a little bit)
They have also become very scuffed around the bottom but still completely useable and he wore them constantly the first summer.
I have also had Rambo socks (useless) and Shires which are pretty good. The SW's are very definitely best in healing, they do seem to actively improve the sores but are more difficult to use.

flying_high

Visit site
Rely from OFW - Hello ��

A set of 4 is £79.99 and £46 a pair

I am located in Sweden, but don’t despair ✨

Shipping varies from 24 hours to 3-5 business days, but it depends on the shipping option you choose.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Oh, ok well like i say i bought mine a few years back and they were a set of 4. Maybe a different stockist back then!?
Long shot i know but where abouts are you? and what size is the horse? Im not using mine this summer (*big fingers x'd!!)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I'm a fair way from Hartpury, maybe an hour and as mentioned mine are quite worn but you'd be welcome to borrow and try. Im not sure what size mine are either!
In all honesty though at £80 I'd be inclined to give the very cheap Shires summer turnout socks a try first. I think they are about £20 and are a full set.

flying_high

Visit site
I'm a fair way from Hartpury, maybe an hour and as mentioned mine are quite worn but you'd be welcome to borrow and try. Im not sure what size mine are either!
In all honesty though at £80 I'd be inclined to give the very cheap Shires summer turnout socks a try first. I think they are about £20 and are a full set.

Ooh they look quite good. Softer than ones I've seen before. My horse is 17hh.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I suspect you'd struggle to get mine on him. I had a job and mines 16.2 with not overly big feet and no shoes!

The shires are easy to fit and wash etc, I also had Rambo ones, they were rubbish- don't bother with them!

flying_high

Visit site
I suspect you'd struggle to get mine on him. I had a job and mines 16.2 with not overly big feet and no shoes!

The shires are easy to fit and wash etc, I also had Rambo ones, they were rubbish- don't bother with them!

Thanks, good to know. I'll try those. It is an allergy reaction, so I am really hoping in a few weeks will be gone. Still a mess at the moment.

Farmerhuge

New User
Visit site
This is actually soloequestrian but for some reason I can't post to the forum at the moment - pretty sure I haven't done anything naughty either. I sent a private message but not sure if it got through for the same reason, let me know!