Simple System Feeds

mandy4727

Visit site
Does anyone feed this and how have they found it. I have an oldie and have been in contact with them and they have given me a diet and list of products for me to try. However, my old gelding is a very very very fussy feeder. If anyone feeds it I wonder if (I pay the postage and you pm me your address and vice versa) someone could send me a handful or so to try him with rather than buy a full sack only for him not to eat it. The products in particular that they have recommended for my oldier are
Luciebix
Lucienuts
Purabeet
Blue Bag Grass Pellets
What are others peoples thoughts on these products and who uses them and the results you have found from them.

ecrozier

Visit site
Hi
I feed Simple Systems lucibix to my 2horses and 1 pony. I love it as they are all thriving on it! The two girls took to it straight away, the boy took a while longer to convince as he is a real sugar addict and get so hyper on normal mixes etc (that was the reason for changing!)
However after a week or so he took to it ok, and now loves it too, although given the choice I still think he would eat pasture mix (he can smell the molassess a mile off!)
Did consider going back to conventional feeds so borrowed a weeks worth from a friend...I had forgotten how much harder work he is with the sugar in him
shocked.gif

Won't be trying that again....
Will send you some lucibix if you want...pm me.
Only thing is they do take a while to get used to is, best to mix with whatever you use now, then gradually increase % of SS and decrease other...although having said that OH's new mare happily tucked in to the wrong bucket the other day
blush.gif

Doublethyme

Visit site
There are some long threads on SS feeds on both IH and EE boards.

I tried them for a year with my mare. They did improve her grumpiness to start with, but gradually she became very very quiet, lost muscle and condition and had absolutely zero energy. I did have specific problems with feeding their luciebixs and other higher energy feeds though, as they made her footy (she is barefoot) and kept pushing her into low grade laminitis.

She is now on top spec feeds and doing really well.

Twiglet

Visit site
My averagely fussy horse wouldn't touch them with a bargepole! and I had to order a lot to get it delivered, and it all went to waste because he wouldn't touch the stuff.

Twiglet

Visit site
IH is the MOnty Roberts/Kelly Marks board - www.intelligenthorsemanship.co.uk or .com I think - and EE is enlightened equitation although I don't know the link.

There's a search facility on the main page here, just type Simple Systems in, and it should bring up previous posts. You may find more in stable yard section.

Doublethyme

Visit site
Oh sorry, that was me being a bit quick and not putting full links up! Doh! I just couldn't remember if I had seen any previous threads on SS feeds on this board, so thought it quicker to send you somewhere else for info.

www.enlightenedequitation.com (under nutrition section I think)

JaneSteventon

Visit site
Hello. I feed my hoprses based on this diet, but i don't actually buy off them. I just use speedibeet, grass nuts, alfalfa nuts and seaweed supplement. I also cook my own linseed but I know you can buy ready prepared stuff off them if this is to much hassle. I really like the diet, easy to adjust the amounts, horses look great and really enjoy their food (although mine would probabaly enjoy any food).