SIMPLE SYSTEMS FEED.....Anyone want??

seabiscuit

Visit site
I need to shift all this feed as horse can no longer eat it.

Buyer would need to collect or I can deliver a short way.

Approx 7 bags worth of red bag grass nuts

And a whole dustbin-full of unmolassed sugar beet

Please PM me for details

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
What's he going to eat???
frown.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
I was seriously flummoxed about this PF-was at my wits end- thought how the hell am I going to event this horse who is a poor doer on just hay only?! think that the grass nuts were too rich for him.But just checked the Allen and Page website, and they have a new feed out, for cereal and molasses intolerant horses, looks like it might just do the trick!!!
I hope!! ONly thing is its for horses in light work....but better than nothing....what do you think?I like all the ingredients in it...

sugar and cereal intolerance diet

seabiscuit

Visit site
I wish!! Darn thing won't touch oil ! But maybe I could try mixing it with honey or something?! I need a tube to force feed this horse Lol!!

Yes, that feed does look rather good doesnt it?! But I bet it must cost a fortune with all those bits and bobs in.....oh well...
crazy.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
Just out of interest why can't your horse eat Simple System feed? have you actually seen Allen & Page's cereal and sugar intolerance feed? I have - it has a lot of peas in it, which might suit your horse, but is quite heating. If your horse is having problems with Simple System feed (and it is obviously not suitable for every horse), give Jane a ring and I am sure she will offer good advice.

mandy4727

Visit site
Seabiscuit. I have a very very fussy old pony aged 39. He is very very thin. I know at this age I am never ever going to put any weight on him. But he is happy, perky and lively. I have tried every food imaginable, contacted every feed merchant, tried oils to put weight on etc etc. He only ate tiny bits of hay and spat most of that out. The only thing he would eat was bran!!!! And thinly sliced carrots. Not an idea diet I know. But if I mix the bran with alfalfa (normal everyday stuff not oil or anything) and top spec conditioning flakes he wolfs it down. I have also bought some supa soya oil. You only need a teaspoon full in the feed as it is so concentrated so doesn' mask the taste of the food. If you want I will get you the full name of it and it was only about £2.65. Even in heavy work a horse only has 3 teaspoons so again doesn't taint the food as much as normal soya oil. I feed mine about equal scoops of the products above and the oil. The weight gain is ever so slight if at all, as I said he will never be a fat pony again. But he is much perkier and livier than he has been in a long while and just loves his food and neighs and bangs the door for it. Something he hasn't done for over a year and I have tried just every feed brand going. Teeth have been checked and rasped regularly and he still has them all so I knew that wasn;t he problem, he was just so bloody fussy. I was spending nearly £80 a month on different expensive feeds. All this for a 12.2 39 year old native gelding in no work!!!!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My Mares is on The Allen & Page Sugar and Cereal intollerance mix and loves it - It has loads of alfa and peas and things in it. Can't remeber how much I pay for a sack, but sure its no more than a normal mix. I also feed either Alfa A Oil or the Dr Greens Alfa Oil (which ever they have in stock at feed merchants)as my mare is completely sugar intollerant and can't even cope with the small amount of molasses that you get in normal Alfa A. She is a warmblood/cob cross and happily does x-country and 10 mile sponsored rides from good quality hay alone in the summer (has very restricted grazing, as even the sugar from the grass upsets her) and gets fed through the winter. You can subsitute hay for ALfa A Oil if you need extra energy/weight gain.
smile.gif

Thistle

Visit site
Red bag grass nuts are the equivalent of rocket fuel. Blue bag ones are better. I use a mugful of red bag a day mixed with other simple products when there is very little grass. Am still using the bag from last year.