Simple Systems feed

Walder

Visit site
lot of my freinds use it and their horse seem to go very well on it - i tried it for a little cob type pony that i used to have and it was dreadfull - she could hardly put one foot in front of the other - so i think i would say try it and see xx

bensababy

Visit site
i have my ex lammi on the lucie nuts due to the fact hes in work and happy hoof wasnt giving him what he needed,he got lethargic and his coat looked awful. Hes been on the nuts for a couple of months now and the transformation is great,his coat is gleaming and actually looks like a pony now not a donkey lol

thanks for the input

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Used it for 2 years now or something like that lol. My WB who was a poor doer is now a good doer. But i wouldnt just say that was down to SS feeds as he gets top quality haylage, & i think that helped more.

Other than that my horses are chilled, there's so many feeds on the market now. I do like SS Ruffstuff for my good doers & there instant linseed is fab.
Ive just been reading on the Winergy horse feeds site & they now have all the starch levels on there for there feeds. The Winergy Low looked fab so i may change at some point as the soaking of lucibix does get me down a bit sometimes. Especially if i forget good job they will soak in about 30 min - 1hr depending on how much you have to soak.

I can't give the ss grass nuts to my poor doer at all, so he has Topspec products instead as well as his Lucibix & purabeet. Which is why im thinking of swapping another feed company totally.

ISHmad

Visit site
They have quite a lot of franchisors around the country now Aran, so might be worth checking their website to see? You only have to put your postcode in and it will tell you.

With regards to someone saying their horse could barely put one foot in front of the other, SS do feeds for everything from a foal, through to racehorses to veterans. If you speak to them about the speciific requirements of your horse they will cheerfully help. We've used them lots of time, they are great to deal with.

We tend to use Lucie Stalks, Lucie Bix and their Sugar Beet. None of ours like the Lucie Cobs for some bizarre reason.

bensababy

Visit site
Same here.. my boy had no muscle definition after being out with Lammi for well over a year.. this stuff is amazing. And also very good for Fatties.
Very helpful people aswell,will give you any advise that you need.

custard

Visit site
Too early to tell how theyre doing as only been on it since end August and both looked pretty good to start with. However, I like the idea feeds aren't full of molasses and friends report improvement in hoof condition. Again bit soon to tell but will be sticking with it for time being.

Harlequin_Ro

Visit site
I've been on Simple Systems for nearly 2 years and I wouldn't look back. The horse is meant to graze on the feed whilst they eat it so no bolting it down and a lower risk of choaking/colic etc. Mine gets ruff stuff and topspec during the summer and then I add sugar beat when needed. Also theres no waiting times for exercise before and after so you can feed straight away. The soaking is easy, I just soak what I need for the next day overnight to be made the following afternoon so no waiting about. My mare was starting to go off her old feed refusing to eat the Good Doer and Pasture Mix she used to have. Also knowing that she's eating what she's meant to eat if she was "in the wild" and there's no crap of the feed room floor in their feeds. They deliver straight to my door. Their feeds look apitising to me aswell, no sticky mollasis or cherry flavoured chaff.