simple systems feeding is it any good?

Theresa_F

Visit site
Swopped over a couple of months back, feed them luciestalks, greengold, eclipse and extra linseed - they are looking fantastic.

Cairo has a lot more stamina and their coats are shinning.

I do also feed a few high fibre nuts in their ball plus black sunflower seeds and just started with speedibeet.

I like to feed a high fibre and natural as possible diet - which their products are.

valley

Visit site
Two friends use simple systems and swear by it one has youngsters and the other has a warmblood who jumps & dressage and is hard to keep weight on als a nervous nature

ecrozier

Visit site
I like it - use on an arab who does a bit of everything, a pony who is a recovered severe laminitic, and a WB mare who is semi retired. Suits them all really well, specially the arab as he gets really silly on normal mixes!

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Fab - No mollasses, no additives, no cereals - Just forage. I have used it for 3 nearly 3 years now.

I have a TB x who was sensitive, nervous, very moody when in season, tended to lose condition in the winter, however would fizz up on most feeds. She needed a bit more than just hay as she works fairly hard.

She now has lucie stalks or ruff stuff with unmollased sugar beet and lucie nuts. The lucie nuts are excellent for building topline as they are fairly high in protein. She also has the total eclipe feed balancer (linseed, brewers yeast and seaweed). She now keeps weight on all winter whilst remaining calm and her coat looks lovely, also her seasons have been much better (brewers yeast in the total eclipse), in fact I havent even known she has been in season until she meets a gelding out and about.

I also have two fat welshies who can now have feed if they are in, they have sugar beet with ruff stuff or lucie stalk without me having to worry aboiut laminitis . Also as it is forage based you can work straight after feeding.

The only down side is that you have to be organised and order before you run out - they only deliver to my area once a week. To my knowledge ther is no where to buy it off the shelf.

freya_5

Visit site
I have also used it for about 3 years, it's fantastic. I originally started using it for my few spot appaloosa who was always hyper and lost condition in the winter. His skin also got spotty form molasses!! Simple Systems feed stopped all this, I have never looked back. The products are so natural, they are all grass and not made in a factory where other animal feeds are aswell. I too struggle with remembering to order!! If you do order and you have a small track to your yard etc - ask for a small lorry otherwise it turns up on a massive lorry that cant get anywhere or turn around!

"I have a TB x who was sensitive, nervous, very moody when in season, tended to lose condition in the winter, however would fizz up on most feeds." I have got a TB x mare on trial who hasn;t come out of her season since she arrived, I may try her on the brewers yeast now. You can order it on it's own can't you? Would you say thats better than just using the total elcipse?

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
All mine are on SS Luciebix.

You couldn't get a more varied bunch.......15 yr old PSG/Inter 1 dressage horse, 16 yr old retired dressage horse living out 24/7 with 6 month old foal and 18 month warmblood colt.
They all do extremely well on it. I used to feed the red and or blue nuts too but I have to say they weren't really keen on them, so I use the lucibix as a chaff/forage substitute and then add a mix as required.
Works for us.
smile.gif

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Freya_5 - I haven't tried brewers yeast on its own, only as part of the total eclipse feed balancer, however I did have a friends cob live with me for two yeras, she poo poo the feed balancer and came of it. Within a month she was complaining that she was having much worse seasons! Its not a miracle cure, I think it is just very rich in B vitamins which can help to regulate things (works in human too). I think if a horse had very bad hormonal inbalances it probably wouldn't do much. If in doubt phone them up, they are vvvvv helpful.

I have heard loads of people moaning that their mares still in season. I think it must have something to do with the mild weather.

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
The red and blue bag nuts and chaffs are made from spring grasses. I think that one of them (can't remmember which) has same feed value as oats and can be used for racehorses. The other foarage they do is lucerne, good for building muscle - they do it in bales, chops, nuts, great for feeder balls and sprinkling on the ground and bix to soak. You wouldnt need anything else - if in doubt phone the help line or e-mail - they are v helpful, sorry to sound like a stuck record, I have posted loads of comments recently about SS's - I should get a discount.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I was a bit sceptical for that reason too but I fed it to my two advanced horses with the red bag nuts and they are both very laid back, alright lazy, and I noticed no dip in energy from when they were on competition mix.
I simply changed back due to the fact that they didn't seem to be enjoying the nuts and would sometimes leave them.

I now have Henry on racing mix
shocked.gif
with luciebix but can't say he's any more energetic on that either!

clipclop

Visit site
I am feeding Simple Systems with the soaked Oat Diet and mine are both putting on weight and are looking very perky and happy about life. (Not fizzy though)!!
smile.gif