Simple systems feeds

Happytohack

Visit site
These feeds are great. They are cereal and sugar free and release energy very slowly. Many endurance horses are fed them as they are soaked feeds and therefore help in hydration. Jane is a very experienced endurance rider and has bred Arabs and part breds for many years. Why not get in touch with her and she will help you work out a diet for your horse. When I was left with an orphan foal, she helped me no end.

evsj

Visit site
I agree, Jane has been really helpful - if I email her with a query she has usually answered by the end of the day.
My horse is definately more trainable since being on SS and she has the stamina and energy for PN eventing.

JaneyB

Visit site
Yeah I spoke to her earlier, it's just a minefield feed, and whilst I understand a bit, it's not something i'm completely up together on.

Also, it's not a feeding system that's as established as some of the other names, so I guess a little anticipation (on my part) is understandable!

mrussell

Visit site
Janey, Ive used it for years. Mainly because it works out cheaper for the quantity you feed, because I like the idea of the horses having plenty of roughage, the balancers give them wonderful coats and hooves AND they all seem much calmer on it than normal mixes.

Twiglet

Visit site
I liked the idea of them a lot, and thought I'd try my extremely starch and sugar sensitive TB cross on them.....

I'm sure it worked have worked wonderfully - IF HE'D HAVE EATEN ANY OF IT! I introduced it gradually, I tried the different components separately, I tried adding fruit etc - he wouldn't even go near it.
My initial order cost a considerable sum, and I ended up having to throw most of it away.

I know of two other people who have had difficulties getting their horses to eat it.

However, I also know of one TB cross who does wonderfully on it, and one older Arab who also does very well from it.
Neither of these two seem to dislike the taste.

So I'm not for or against, it's just not for my boy.