simple systems

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
after having replies about this, im seriously looking into it, its going to cost me more to feed my old horse, about 80.00 a month. I was a bit shocked at this and was expecting it to be about the same price.
currently i get through about bag vet mollichaff a week cond cubes every 2 weeks, alpa beet a good months worth, equivite supplement.
is it really going to be better for my horse. she is now turned out in the school as rolling is a problem for her at the moment so has hay ad lib in the school and hand grazing twice a day.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Yes it is a little more expensive, but for me personally, worth it.

My two are looking very well on their lucie stalks, greengold and total eclipse - I use less supplements now so for me the price was not that different.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
Blimey that is a bit steep!

My old 24 year old 16.1 Tb X costs around £40 a month, museli staypower mix, alpha A, sugarbeet, cider vinegar and cornflower oil.......max £50 a month but I suppose the oldies all have different needs.

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Wow, thats a lot of money!! Ive been feeding SS feeds for nearly a year now to 3 horses & it costs me less to feed, compared to what they where fed. Which was Dengie Alfa a, speedibeet & Topspec. There still on the Topspec.

I must admit the initial bulk buying is a shock at first i spend about £120.00 every 2 months for three horses. What have SS told you to feed??

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
told me to feed lucibix, blue grass nuts total eclipse and sugar beet (prob use alpha beet locally) and total eclipse she said 2 big buckets split between 4 feeds i think she was calculating a factor in case my horse stopped eating hay and so it replaces hay as well. order on the way now just hope she likes it.

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Oh i see didnt realise your horse had stop eating hay. One of mine's an oldie TB i was told the same diet only the Blue Bag grass nuts ended up causeing problems with my boy. If you want to know PM me.

I now feed Lucibix,Ruffstuff,Purabeet, Topspec & Instant Linseed to mine, my oldie does really well considering he drops weight in no time. But he is eating haylage as well so that helps.

Hope your horse likes it all mine do.

ecrozier

Visit site
I find it cheaper than other feeds as well for my 3, but then maybe it is to do with having to replace the hay? I do feed less than the recommended amounts though, they'd be the size of houses if I fed that much!