Sire: Limekiln Survivor

Gracie21

Visit site
I am wondering if there is anyone out there with a NF who's sire is Limekiln survivor?

I have had a NF gelding for 6 years and to be honest, he is a bit of a nutter! I have spoken to his breeder and she confirms that the sire was also a little attention seeking, and was wondering whether any other pony out of the same sire was the same?

He is an amazing jumper (4ft at home), very flashy and moves wonderfully. However gets very excited and hot headed!

After 6 years of schooling I have had to put him out on loan as a games pony (I bought him as one and reschooled him as a jumping pony!) because they games riders don't seem to mind the fizziness and I couldn't find a kid small enough and brave enough to sit there and do nothing whilst he does his thing!

I have tried all sorts of calmers with limited success. He has slightly low magnesium levels which make him a bit of a handful when the spring grass comes through but other than that nothing really seems to help, he seems as though he always has been, and always will be (?) a little pocket rocket!

Has anyone else experienced this with a forester? Even better, with one of similar breeding? He would be an amazing worker, but he just can't control his excitement for long enough!!

((P.S. I STILL CANT GET THE PICTURES TO WORK! :( )

Last edited:
Visit site
yes!! thankgod i found someone having the same problem! iv had my new forest, 'Rowhill RockaFella' for 2 years, and he is a beasty boy now standing a 14.2 6year old, born 2005 nearly 7, he has his tantrum and is a drama queen and can be really silly, he is gorgous!!:D email me if you like georgdavidson@live.co.uk as iv just registers for this to answer you thanks and i will send pics :Dxxxx

onlytheponely

Visit site
I have a 4yr old with Limekiln Conifer as the GGDam who is also Survivor's Dam.

He's a complete fruitcake to be honest, I refer to him as a loveable pain in the @rse (aka Pita). My OH hates him because he's so unpredictable :(
He's a gorgeous blue roan, moves beautifully just eats the ground up effortlessly BUT he needs to be kept busy. He is ridiculously intelligent but SO naughty, not nasty at all, just makes his own entertainment if you don't provide any for him. Just the other day, our neighbour came running down the road crying because her pygmy goats had got into the field with the stallions. This was too much potential fun for Pita so he picked one up by the scruff of the neck and took him for a guided tour of his field at breakneck speed, so I was informed :eek: The goat was still off the ground when I arrived but it fell out of his mouth when he saw me. This is the sort of personality he has :eek:
He is the first pony that I've had for a long time that I am genuinely a little apprehensive about breaking in, just because he is far too busy in his brain. I'm sure he will love the extra attention and work but he is so sharp that I know I'll have to be on my toes every single minute.

Gracie21

Visit site
onlytheponely-How very amusing haha! I bet the goat loved it ;)

Sounds just like my boy! They really are super intelligent and the key is to keep them busy! To be able to go over a jump in the school on Chaz I had to circle in trot, serpentine past the jump then turn him into it at the last minute, otherwise he would just bomb at it, or bunny hop and bounce if I held him.

You are right, you really to be on your toes, it is a little exhausting for my brain to be honest, having to think 1 step ahead ahah!

I'd do lots of long-reining over poles, lots of control work, especially lunging, and not so much free schooling as I think with these types being able to channel their energy is good for them.

Chaz loved lateral work, and lots of pole work (and me too, it was the only time he would behave!). Your boy will have lots of flair and talent, just make sure he doesn't get any bad habits!

Last edited: