SJ at Haras du PIn

Rollin

Visit site
At last got round to posting video of our Shagya mare, first time at 1.15M Amateur Grand Prix. To recap, the Professional rider cannot ride in Amateur Grand Prix and Pro classes in France start at 1.20M. Bringing on young horses is a bit complicated. Bertille the young rider in this video is his student, she has jumped in four competitions, so far and this the best.

The mare Antigone is very strong I am pleased the Pro trainer has not insisted on martingale, flash, pelham. Just a move from a copper French link to a slightly stronger snaffle. We have an outbreak of EHV in Pays de la Loire so competitions are cancelled at the moment. Both our Shagya are in great form, hope we get out again in about two weeks.

Here is a link to the video.

https://www.facebook.com/racerareho...LY_t2n1r8YuiciLfy1dGPnUn8FGAreU_oPk8M&fref=nf

Bernster

Visit site
Oooh a sj report. Always interested to hear about events in other countries too. Glad you managed a run out despite the EHV outbreak. And refreshing that your riders are not adding lots of gadgets, you could def see that others might try to influence her way of going as she does like to have her head up doesn't it?

j1ffy

Visit site
The rider does a lovely job, she looks to use her body and legs to guide around the course rather than hauling her around. Gorgeous horse with a lovely ping!

joosie

Visit site
Haras du Pin is a great venue, generally things tend to run pretty smoothly there and the courses are well-built and fairly technical without being stupid. They don't do enough Amateur shows though, which is a shame because I always did quite well there!

Last edited:

Rollin

Visit site
The rider does a lovely job, she looks to use her body and legs to guide around the course rather than hauling her around. Gorgeous horse with a lovely ping!

Thank you. The rider has an excellent teacher. We take two horses their once a week for SJ training. Antigone had some autumn/winter dressage training with an Olympic Eventer. His wife who competes at 3* eventing was going to compete her but she became sick and has not ridden all winter. Their help was invaluable in improving Antigone's jumping, although she has always been talented, qualifying for the National Championships as a 6 year old.

rara007

Visit site
Looks great! Very flowing. Haras du Pin is one of my potential internationals for driving later in the year- are you local?

Rollin

Visit site
Looks great! Very flowing. Haras du Pin is one of my potential internationals for driving later in the year- are you local?

We are further south about 2hours on the motorway. We don't normally go that far but the Pro rider was taking a lorry load of other horses to jump over three days. We normally jump at le Man, Saumur, Angers, le Lion D'Angers. Do you come to Saumur for HDT? We like to go and watch if we can. My first horse was for ride and drive, although traditional vehicles.