SJ + conformation

Rambo

Visit site
It takes all sorts....but my preference would be for a shorter coupled horse, with powerful back end, and who is 'up in front' (i.e not on the forehand
smile.gif
). I also like an athletic movement and nothing to heavyweight.

That's not to say other types won't do the job too.

dieseldog

Visit site
I think attitude is far more important than confirmation, as long as it is sound and will pass a vet. If you came and saw our spotty horse, you wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, it only got bought because it was spotty, but it does jump.

Claireg9

Visit site
Typically, short coupled powefull bum and a nice shoulder. By this i mean quite steep keeps the horse up hill, therefore they tend to be more comftable on there hocks which always helps for height, a snappy little horse too as quick movement would indicate it is quick to snap up front and behind over the fences so will be a clean jumper.
But the right attitude is a must it can have all the scope in the world but if it doesnt want to use it... you may jump but the horse may not! lol

Taz975

Visit site
I would as a generalisation, say short coupled, & powerful bum, good slant to shoudler, but I dont think you can judge it quite as black and white as that. It does depend alot more on attitude and just plain talent.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I agree with attitude being most important. You can have the best bred, best confirmation horse in the world who then doesn't want to jump! But I like them to have a decent bum and not too thin legs, although saying that my TB x doesnt have much of a bum at all - he's built like an eventer (which he sort of is as well as a SJer!).