SJ report from yesterday.... thoughts please

emmiec12

Visit site
I took Dec SJ-ing yesterday - he was good and jumped 2 clear rounds (still only at 2ft9 as per vets instruction)... but i was v pleased as he can get tappy over smaller fences.
grin.gif

The 1st round I jumped in my french link pelham with my curb on and I really did not have much steering.... brakes not too great either.
crazy.gif

In the 2nd round I swapped to my 3 ring Gag with a peanut link..... he was a bit ovasive in this but i def had more steering and I could ride him more forward into the fences....

Does anyone have any thoughts.... he comes above the bit and looses all flex in his neck.
crazy.gif
His flat work is coming on in leaps and bounds again after his time off so I am going to keep building on that.... but any help with bits/nosebands would be helpful.

I have tried the NS Universal with a little success - but not enough to warrent speanding £70.
tongue.gif

Thanks
grin.gif

shortstuff99

Visit site
I jump my mare in the 3-ring gag and she could 'run-through' the bit if you know what i mean? My instructor said to use an old flash and loop it through the top of the bit (where the cheek pieces attach) and use it like a chin strap as this stops the bit rotating too much and adds a bit more poll pressure to drop the head! My mare can be really mouth fussy and this seems to have worked and i have more control!
laugh.gif

emmiec12

Visit site
Hi shortstuff99 - i was thinking of trying a strap.... i shall let you know how he goes with it on.

Chloe - PMSL... Always looking for a bargain!!
smirk.gif