SJ report with the quirky horse - new hat is obviously lucky!

Javabb94

Visit site
J and I did some show jumping on thursday in an attempt to prep him for our aim of doing an unaffiliated 1.10 this summer (hopefully in next few weeks)

Now as J is rather quirky I always do a smaller class before my 2 main ones, otherwise sometimes he can stop at the fillers the first time even though he has seen then hundreds of times before!

As soon as I brought him out of the field I knew he was in one of his moods! He was being extremely vocal in the stable and very alert!

Took him to arena and he was rather excited!

Warmed him up (inbetween happy bucks :D) and took him in for the 80cm - well it was rather a difficult round but we went double clear for 1st - clever pony!

Obviously my new hat is lucky - normally in that mood he becomes incredibly spooky and stops
Evidence of his bounciness (notice technical jacket is ditched in favour or plain navy :))
409d387ae8a05e439120155f3ff6ee01_zps9a9d7b8d.jpg

b48de215eeaec9df9409996e5b02e20e_zps3f58fc69.jpg

Next was the 90cm and as the jumps go up he settles - again he pulled a great DC out the bag and was 3rd only 2 seconds behind winner

779b06f454e0aced8993fb2224fd8ffd_zpsde0f4a5b.jpg

I decided to do 1m as well due to our 1.10 aim - he has been DC many times before last year at this height so hopefully he will be ok 1.10

I got a dodgy stride to fence 1 an oxer and very lightly rubbed it behind for 4faults there wasn't many in the 1m so came 2nd. The rest of the round was perfect was v. pleased with him

9ee60e18477e608c15f1f21661f0ba35_zps7a7fa7b7.jpg

Like this pic -
f0dc13d48af27e81f93eedca1cbb9d2a_zpse015b713.jpg

Got dressage next weekend on my 5yr old - doing either intro in arena or BE95 on grass - haven't decided yet!

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Worried1

Visit site
Love the airs above the ground but very glad CP doesn't do that!!!!! :p well done look forward to more reports!

Lolo

Visit site
Love the 'wahey' photos, he's so cool :D Sounds like you're well on track for the 1.10m courses :)

slumdog

Visit site
He looks cool! We have nowhere round here that does 1.10 unaff, my RC has a heart attack every time I want go in the 90cm lol!

Javabb94

Visit site
Love the airs above the ground but very glad CP doesn't do that!!!!! :p well done look forward to more reports!

Surprised I got round the course after watching vid back! CP is too much of a dressage diva to behave like that ;)

Love the 'wahey' photos, he's so cool :D Sounds like you're well on track for the 1.10m courses :)

Thanks he is certainly cool... But annoying at the same time! Thanks hopefully will step up maybe even this weekend :eek:

He looks cool! We have nowhere round here that does 1.10 unaff, my RC has a heart attack every time I want go in the 90cm lol!

We don't have many regular BS shows (getting a few more though) so show centres tend to go up to that sort of heights - one centre does a 115cm I think!

Well done! He can fly ;-)

Thanks - shame its when he is supposed to be on the ground ;)

Looks like he finds jumping (whether in involves poles or not) easy! :D Good luck with moving up a level.

:D thanks - hopefully he will be fine at 110cm - he unfortunately just doesn't have the stride length for BS so stay at BN/Disc if ever I do one so glad there is unaff that goes up to that height!