SJ today. Bit of a ramble!

LauraBR

Visit site
Hmmm... on the one hand pretty rubbish given we got eliminated at fence 3
frown.gif
but on the other hand all was not lost as despite the elimination (3 run outs, 1 at fence 1, 2 at fence 3) I am actually getting better at making the little sod go over the jumps as this whole running out thing is getting to be a nightmare- he's not scared he just knows he can get away with it with me to if he is a bit unsure he takes the piss.

When I walked the course I nearly decided to bottle it altogether as the jumps just looked MASSIVE (only 75cm lol but in my eyes some of the spreads looked bigger and funnily enough shrunk again after my round). Anyway, had him going really well in the warm up, had a run out at a big oxer but took him round again and got him over it even though he did his best to dart left
grin.gif
Jumped it beautifully third time round. Didn't realise the oxer was 85cm and massively wide, had been jumping the practice jump for the bigger class! So, that bolstered my confidence loads and the fences looked the same as they do at home when I got in there.

When do baby fences stop looking huge?
confused.gif

Thanks again everyone for the 'bum out' tips the other day WOW what a difference, today I jumped better than I ever have, everything kind of 'came together'. Great feeling.

Anyway, have another lesson tomorrow- going to find some scary things to put on and around jumps to encourage him to run out at home so we can work on it in the lesson. I'm sure my instructor doesn't believe he does it.

So, rambly post... we are getting there slowly. Going to add weekly evening SJ to our routine now, practice makes perfect after all?!
grin.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
If you are feeling good, even if there was a few runouts, then you've won.

I am glad the bum wagging is coming good!lol
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I find out, you'll be the first to know!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks HB!
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I find out, you'll be the first to know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah!!!!!!
crazy.gif