Skewbald markings - tobiano/tovero

BellaBee

Visit site
If my memory serves me right then a tobanio most likely won't have blue eyes unless another marking gene (is that's what you'd call them) is at play too, as I think the white is kept away from the face.
The other characteristic is the markings go over the spine- although my tobanio's markings only just touch the spine.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Might be an overlay colour? If the horse has the splash gene (lots of white and usually a white face) there may be a blue eye, although a friend's cob has blue eyes and is mostly black.

I think mine's sabino tobiano (in sig, has left blue eye and blue rim in right eye) but would be delighted to be corrected. I used to know all about the colour genetics but other stuff has pushed it out of my head! :eek: Sabino I think is to do with the roaming round the jagged edge of the colour?

JustKickOn

Visit site
545781_296489063768176_122042397879511_664293_427766961_n.jpg

Cedars

Visit site
Puzzle is a typical Tobiano -

IMG_2377.jpg

Its basically a coloured chest, white sash over withers area, white legs...she's a pretty damn accurate example.

However - I'm sure that a tobiano also has a sort of roaning affect thing at the edge of their colour. Puzzle has two spots that I know of - if I remember I'll take photos of them tomorrow.

I find it all very iteresting but I know nothing about how the genes work! I would be interested to know as we know nothing about her dad - mum was a TB bay. x