Skijoering ..... anyone done this??

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
JC skiing is easy, or the skiing I do anyway, I get to the top of the slope, point my skis down the slope and away I go, I stop at the bottom of the slope when I have run out of speed. :D. People have actually said I am mad, but its fun and last time I went my instructor was a down hill skier and we had a race and I won :D (did try to stop in ice and did about 4 360s in a row which made her cry with laughter) Highly recommend it.

wispagold

Visit site
how do they stop the snow balling up in the horses feet like it does here? You would have though you would get big, hard, balls of snow hitting you in the face every now and again!!

Lots like lots of fun though!! Would love to try it.

DollyDolls

Visit site
A friend of ours did in Tignes, except he did it snowboarding & managed a few jumps too. It was awesome to watch.

The horses have special rubber things under their shoes to push the snow out.

Vixxy

Visit site
We use snow pads under shoes to stop snow balling under foot and long ice/snow studs to stay upright :D

I will get OH to video Mr Darcy and I having a go in 2 months when it is time to dig my skis out and you can all have a good laugh :D

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Excellent Vixxy, I am seriously looking forward to it, I new they used pads and studs on the St Moritz racers, the studs are very long. Inky_and_sunny I am so jealous. I really want to try it, not at flat out gallop at first, as there are some videos were the horses nearly take a stumble, but it looks like wicked fun.