Skin condition

mitchellk

Visit site
One of the horses that I look after has an area on his haunches with what looks like a bad rash. First noticed it during second clip in December- they are raised areas that are like the shape of crop circles; before anyone says it is not ringworm!
One side is worse than the other, they go down slightly after excersise, vet hasn't seen it but said not to worry and to hibbi scrub the affected area which I have down and it has made no difference.
The hair in this area grows back darker and longer. They don't occur anywhere alse on his body and he has had no significant change in diet or grazing recently. Rugs etc not recently washed, Clipper blades didn't get hot when clipped and has been clipped since and was unaffected. Any ideas?!?

joanne1920

Visit site
maybe a fungal infection? you could use an antifungal spary once a day like tea tree mist and rub in ? sorry other than that no idea!

chunk

Visit site
have you checked inbetween the hind legs? theese could be SARCOIDS theese are a small absess which grows in areas of the horses body, theese have to be removed by a vet either freezing or surgicly or theeese could just be a simple infection treat with a mild hibbie scrub and go from there

Tempi

Visit site
does he get a feed? If so feedmarks equidermis is BRILLIANT for skin problems. You give about a cupful a day, it lasts around a month. It is expensive (approx £50 a month) but its brilliant stuff.

mitchellk

Visit site
Am trying a tretment for equine ecxema (sp?!) will give that a go, if the hrose was mine I would give equidermis a go but my boss isn't very generous with her horses! Will suggest it tho thanks