Skin problem

crackerjack

Visit site
sorry if this should be in vets i just want as many opinions as possible.

Cracker has got what is almost like dandruff in his tail and mane which calmed down after a good wash.

But when i returned from holiday some parts of him have lost hair and his skin is REALLY flaky.

Have stopped using all products incase of a reaction to no avail. Now too cold to bath. Could it be his winter coat or something else. I was going to try baby oil what do you think?

thanks.

brightmount

Visit site
It could be sweet itch, one of my horses has it, and it's like you describe. We've found the most effective thing to be simply turning her out in a fly rug with neck.

vicm2509

Visit site
Try rubbing in a little tea tree oil, leave for about an hour then wash it with either a medicated shampoo or get some tea tree shampoo from the supermarket (their own brands are only about £1.50).

If its not sweet itch and just normal dry skin this may do the trick.

Tempi

Visit site
agree with the tea tree oil - also try feedmarks Equidermis - do a google on it, its expensive (tub lasts me about 4-6wks depending on how much she needs). But its stopped Bloss getting a flakey mane and tail and scurfy skin. She was loosing her mane like yours and i asked my vet the benifits of using it and she said it was really good. Along with a couple of people on here recomending it.