Sleep tight my darling.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Today we said goodbye to Mac. As most of you know, I was struggling to get weight on him all summer, and was worried about him going through another winter. He had a vet check a few weeks ago, and this time she could hear some noises in his chest. I made the decision he could have another couple of weeks and he would go whilst he was still my boy, still boss of his little herd, and before the weather changed or he deteriorated.

Mac was the type of horse that once you met him, you never forgot him, not always for the best of reasons 😂. He could be arrogant, opinionated, rude you name it. He was also very very loving and looked after whoever was sitting on his back. We’ve had a lot of laughs over the years, and I’ve shed some tears, and I will miss him so much.

We went out with the hounds!
2s2TWBD.png

So many fun rides
5CZ3gZo.png

Loved looking after the little people
FTigUQc.png

G0noemR.png

The last time he was sat on around 3 years ago. He was given one last summer as his arthritis was getting worse. Living out just eating grass obviously worked wonders as he thrived again and came off the Bute.
M0ZLB53.jpg

With his besties.
MUld3x2.jpg

Today before the vet came after eating a whole bag of stud muffins!
Z41G3NL.jpg

And finally, just because I love this pic, and it is Mac 😍
wIeLQxS.png

Run free handsome xx

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
always a star! his snozzle in the second to last one is smoochable.

Am I right in thinking a hhoer came and rode him a few years ago?

I'm sure life won't be quite the same without him, and send you big hugs, but fab memories :)

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
always a star! his snozzle in the second to last one is smoochable.

Am I right in thinking a hhoer came and rode him a few years ago?

I'm sure life won't be quite the same without him, and send you big hugs, but fab memories :)

Yes! Ruby D-G I think her user name was. What a good memory you have. He had a very kissable snozzle.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
lovely tribute, such a sad time of year for so many on this forum but decisions being made for the benefit of the horses , sorry you had to lose your pal and please look after yourself.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Handsome chap. Always a sad time, but you know you've done the best by him, and he's had a lovely life with you.

{97702}

Visit site
So brave of you to make the right choice for him TW, and such a hard decision to make. Thank you for being such a loving and caring owner, I know that is what Mac would be thinking right now xx

ImmyS

Visit site
A lovely post about a lovely boy. Sorry you had to say your goodbyes, but what a wonderful life it looks like you had together. xxx

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
So very sorry. He looks like a drawing by Charlie Macksey in the first with the young rider.

A beautiful boy who brought joy to many and you spared him any pain or discomfort.

Please take care of yourself, he wouldn't want you to he sad for ever.

JJS

Visit site
What a handsome chap he was and what a wonderful life he lived. I'm so very sorry for your loss 😢

BlackRider

Visit site
Mac sounds like a superstar - its the hardest decision in the world, I know it hurts, but nobody can take away the wonderful memories that you have xx

Reacher

Visit site
I must have missed your previous threads about him. Echo all the replies above, what a lovely tribute to him and also to you for giving him a good life. RIP Mac

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Just couldn't bypass this post without saying how very sorry I am.

I've recently had my two oldies PTS (we did them together) as it just wouldn't have been fair to be putting them through another winter. One of the horses is the cob Bonzo in my profile pic.

Am missing them desperately, but it had to be done, no other option.

So sorry OP, it is never an easy decision; but you gave your lovely boy the very best of loving care and when he needed you the most, you didn't pass him on as "free to good home" as so many people do, you made the right choice for him, and the only choice that you could.

He would thank you with all his heart for that. Bless you.