Sleep tight, sweetheart

blood_magik

Visit site
I unexpectedly lost my mare this morning.

She slipped and fell on the yard yesterday morning (thankfully I wasn’t on board) but got up straight away and managed to hobble back to her stable.

The vet said she’d likely tweaked the ligament in her hip socket so gave her painkillers and said to do a week of boxrest.

She was munching away quite happily when I did my late check but this morning she was down and looked like she’d been thrashing about trying to get back up.

My vet tried his best to get her standing but she just couldn’t do it and my gorgeous girl went to sleep in my arms an hour and a half later. She was only 4 years old.

My lovely neighbour buried her in our big field so I’ll be able to see her every time I ride outside.

Sleep tight, Ellie Belly... the yard is far too quiet without you 💔

Ceriann

Visit site
So very sorry - what a terrible shock for you. Far too young to go. Having lost a mare unexpectedly following a field accident (albeit much older) it’s so very hard - take care of yourself.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Oh you poor thing.. What a horrible shock. At least you got to wish her farewell and held her to the end.

Big hugs and mind yourself. Shock can settle in quite quickly once the dust settles.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site

She slipped and fell on the yard yesterday morning (thankfully I wasn’t on board) but got up straight away and managed to hobble back to her stable.

The vet said she’d likely tweaked the ligament in her hip socket so gave her painkillers and said to do a week of boxrest.

She was munching away quite happily when I did my late check but this morning she was down and looked like she’d been thrashing about trying to get back up.

My vet tried his best to get her standing but she just couldn’t do it and my gorgeous girl went to sleep in my arms an hour and a half later. She was only 4 years old.

My lovely neighbour buried her in our big field so I’ll be able to see her every time I ride outside.

So very sorry BM. How awful, what a horrible shock for you. Look after yourself x

onemoretime

Visit site

OMG I am so sorry, what a dreadful shock and so young. My thoughts are with you. xx