Sleep well little Buddy

scats

Visit site
Buddy Guy, my second little Robo hamster passed away yesterday. He was 2 years 9 months. He had developed a little growth on his face in the last couple of months but seemed happy in himself, albeit a bit doddery with age. Earlier this week I noticed he had started sleeping outside of his bed and curled up in another part of his tank near his food and water and getting up just to go and have a drink or some food. It was clear the end was near but he didn’t seem distressed at all. I got up yesterday morning and he had died next to his food dish, I think he’d got halfway in and then died, due to the way he was lying. So I think he still had food on his mind in his final moments!

Such a fantastic little character and now reunited with his brother, BB King, who died a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 1F3270F0-1445-4DCD-84E5-C50E90995459.jpeg
    1F3270F0-1445-4DCD-84E5-C50E90995459.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 8

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
sorry for your loss, even though they are little they leave a big hole in our hearts, he was a good age and not a bad end if he was going for his food. i felt really silly in the vets when i took one of my guinea pigs to be PTS, i was in floods of tears when i went to pay the bill, they were all really kind and understood how much she meant to me, they are still part of our families...

scats

Visit site
Thanks everyone. He had a great life (I adopted him and his brother at 4 months from the pets at home adoption section- they’d been left in a tub outside the shop) and I’m glad really that he passed away peacefully before the growth on his face got any worse.
Such huge characters for such little creatures!

Baywonder

Visit site
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. I really do wish hamsters lived longer - they break your heart when they pass away (as with all our dear pets).

Buddy Guy had a good life though. Our vet told my daughter once that a week is a very long time for a hamster, so to get to that age he did really well.

Rest in peace with your brother little man. :(

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Sorry to read.
We had these little guys as kids. We usually had normal hamsters but got a couple of these as I liked the fact they could live together.
They were so funny to watch, huge characters. ❤️