Slight lameness - how long to leave?

BronsonNutter

Visit site
My TB got kicked just below the left stifle last week whilst at Lincolnshire show. There's a tiny little mark where it caught him but nothing major, no bruising or swelling etc. He trotted up sound straight afterwards.

However, each time I have brought him in since he has seemed slightly 'off' on it - I'd say 2/10ths lame till he gets going then he is sound in a straight line and right handed circle but still 1/10th lame on a left handed circle. It's barely noticeable and he seems happy to go forwards on it, but I'm paranoid! He's not a horse to be lame either (only once been lame in all the time I've had him - he'd been out on trial and I don't know what they'd done to him :mad: - and that was only minor) and has no predisposing problems that I know of.

So, how long would you leave it before getting a vet out? He's got the farrier on friday, but I'm 99% certain it's related to the kick, and is overdue for the physio anyway so may well get her out soon...

texel

Visit site
I suggest that as it has been a week since the incident and your horse still isn't 100% then if it was me I would be calling the vet out.