Slippy Saddle

kamili

Visit site
I've recently had a saddle fitter out and he's fit a Keiffer saddle to my gelding, which is fab and its quite comfy.
I currently have it on trial but just have one teeny tiny issue, in that I am finding it a little slippy on the seat in comparison to my old saddle. (it has memory foam seat)

I'm usually fairly balanced in the seat, but he has an exuberant jump to say the least and the slippyness is just causing me to slide a little and unbalance myself.

Any suggestions on how to get that stickability back?

Saddle is perfect knick, recently reflocked and well cared for, oiled and cleaned.

Merlod

Visit site
Get a seat saver, they do gel out ones that are supposed to be good for stickyness. I just use an old sheepskin thing.

Or get some sticky bum breeches!

MrsNorris

Visit site
You can also get a spray, can't remember the name, sit tight maybe? or something like that. Never tried it, so no idea whether it works or not.

Whizza

Visit site
I've got a gel-out seat saver thingy, it's amazing and holds me in the seat perfect. It's by avacello, le meiux. Absolutely brilliant. The only problem I have with it is getting off as I have to slide down my horse and it likes to keep hold of my t-shirt lol

kamili

Visit site
Thanks all,
not really a fan of the seat savers, particularly jumping. Have heard of the spray alright might look into that.