small horseboxes

HuntingFiona

Visit site
Hi everyone

this is my first forum - needed some help regarding choosing small wagons verses trailers, I have a trailer but keep thinking of swoping for a small wagon
3.00 or 3.5T preferrably, have been out today and seen a sonic horsebox, thought it looked good as anyone any experience of them

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Expensive, the one I looked round at a show was suffering due to volume of people through it and it's poor finish.. Would not be my first choice.

pippapj123

New User
Visit site
I’m a new forum user too, joined for some horsey advice but spotted this so thought i’d let you know my experiences.
I bought an Equi-Trek Victory for the start of the season last year, which is similar to the Sonic just with living on the back. The delivery time for a new one was a bit longer than I expected but in comparison to the competition I found it the best model for my needs. They do seem expensive but if you remember that they are built on brand new Peugeot engines with full warranty etc in comparison to the competition you have peace of mind.
I have a very temperamental horse, and had difficulties in the past with loading her...especially in the rear loading trailers; the side ramp is a great feature and she walks in and out without a spot of bother. I think they must be working to improve the quality as I haven’t had a spot of bother. I’ve seen Equi-Trek get a lot of flack on here but I love my little box

georgiegirl

Visit site
In my humble opinion I think for the money the alexanders boxes are of far superior quality in terms of build and have much more in terms of horse safety eg weave grills, collapsible breast bars and wide back doors just in case of an emergency.

I have used an equitrek sonic in the past but there were design flaws which I think could have been better thought out (although maybe they have now) and I have seen a horse go over the breastbar twice in one which resulted in some quite nasty injuries and was pretty terrifying! For that reason unless there was some other safety measures put in place ie weave grills I wouldnt touch one with a barge pole and would go down the alexanders route instead (wishful thinking if I had the money!)

good luck whatever you decide