Small livery grumble - feel free to ignore!

ArabianGem78

Visit site
my fellow liveries are lovely people, but my goodness are they untidy! I got to the yard this morning to find:

gates left open
padlocks left off gates
stable doors wide open
barrows unemptied
a broom on the stable roof (how?!)

Muttered under my breath and sorted it all out....

Just as well my yard is otherwise lovely!

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Security I can understand but why are you tidying up their mess? Shield your eyes from it, grit your teeth and concentrate on your own area!

Antw23uk

Visit site
I say have a big shout and a head flip the next time it happens. It wont solve the issues long term (trust me i head flip at least once a week) but it will start to make people think!

My last headflip was no wheelbarrow to use. One was being used as a type of barrier by the new school!! one was abandoned on the yard full and one was still a BBQ from three weeks previously! :mad:

Gates being left open is my BIG thing. I just CANNOT understand why you would leave gates open. Do these people not think about what would happen if a horse got free on a road!

pansy

Visit site
Most things just annoy me & I say nothing but yesterday - We have gates & post & rail fencing that can be slid across & into hook & left open or ... Shut again , but yesterday rails were just left dangling & this really annoyed me - so I took a photo text it to the offender & asked very politely for it not to be left like this again.. What is it with people that they can't shut a gate when they open it !!!!

Last edited:

ArabianGem78

Visit site
It's the gates that are left open giving access to the busy Exeter to Sidmouth road that really bother me, particularly as one of the horses is a known escapologist. I've been toying with moving anyway, and this may just prove the turning point....

Joyous70

Visit site
Grrrrr

I hate it when people CBA to empty the wheelbarrow they have used and leave it dumped on the yard.

We have electric fencing, and i get really annoyed when people leave their electric gateway dangling in the floor tick tick ticking away which then shorts out all the fencing.

Goldenstar

Visit site
It's really up to the yard manager or owner to keep things on track .
Love the brush on the roof what ever where they doing.

ArabianGem78

Visit site
It's really up to the yard manager or owner to keep things on track .
Love the brush on the roof what ever where they doing.

The yard manager is a lovely, 18 year old girl who doesn't like to rock the boat. Just as well I don't care!

yes, the mind boggles over the broom. I suspect one of the YO's sons....

skint1

Visit site
Yeah, I can live with a certain level of untidiness, I am a bit untidy myself, but not gates open, that's so dangerous, and actually so is leaving the electric fencing to dangle, shorting it out!