Small report and sj instructor nr Hull?

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
Its been a long time since I've done a report! Well I've finished uni and Oreo is going great, we've not really got any transport anymore so have been hacking to a small local competition. Yesterday we tootled on over to go showjumping, i let my friend borrow her for the 65cm class and she looked after her slightly nervous rider very well (proud moment :D ) to finish 4th with 4 faults because my friend didnt think she could make a turn and circled :p.

I then did the 75cm class and had a gps fail, crossed my path and thus got 4 faults (see the pattern.....) but still managed 2nd as only one got clear in the class and we managed to not make the same mistake again in the jump off in which we were surprisingly the fastest! Not the best photo I'm afraid.
8a_zps3e84d4fb.jpg

Finally the 85cm class, she was starting to tire a bit now but still perked up and remained forward in the ring :) She went so well and popped them all really nicely, but we just tapped the second part of a double and had it down. In the end we still finished 4th and i was really pleased with all her efforts :).
3_zps31955cdd.jpg

Now although im super pleased with my gorgeous girl, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my own riding as i dont feel like I'm helping her hugely and the only reason she's been jumping so well is because she's quite scopey, honest, generous and just a lovely old soul! I'm particularly annoyed with my legs, when the jumps get on the bigger side i keep getting bruises on my thighs from the flaps above the stirrups digging in :confused:. So does anyone know of a good showjumping instructor near hull? In an ideal world one of you lovely people will know someone that i can hack to but I'm prepared to hire a lorry :p.