Small steps!

oldie48

Visit site
One of my aims has been to start using the TROT ride that is close to where I live. I haven't used it for 10 years, it is lovely off road hacking but I'd completely lost my confidence although I used to ride my old TB quite happily with my daughter on her various eventers. A kind RC friend offered to nanny me so today Rose and I did a little bit mixed in with some hacking on the adjacent lanes. Rose was shattered following her lesson yesterday and didn't put a foot wrong. We only walked but it's a start. Sometimes the biggest mountain to climb is in your head! I guess I better think about renewing my membership!

Bernster

Visit site
Just googled but no TROT rides near me (herts). Glad it went well.

With the stop/start nature of my riding this year, I’m back to being a nervous nelly when it comes to hacking solo. Plus I get bored on my own ! Horse is fine, it’s the rider that needs work.

Tarragon

Visit site
So pleased for you and Rose.
I have kept a pony diary since 2007 to keep track of anything I do with my ponies. It is when you re-read bits you realise how far you have come and how all these little milestones start to add up.