Small yard/awkward situation

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
HI, a dilemma has occurred!!

I left money in an envelope in tack room to pay for haylage, £40.

Someone (i know who)took the envelope to draw a dressage test on for a very novice rider. They put the envelope on the back of their pick up truck and must have forgot about it because i found the envelope tonight, about a hundred yards from the yard, empty of money.

I will tell YO tomorrow whats happened, but can I expect the people involved to replace the money, since they took it from the tack room and ultimately lost it allbeit accidentally, I don't know if they knew it had money in it or not,
but I am £80 out of pocket for just two bales of haylage.

Small yard just five liveries and the owner so dreading any bad feeling :(

starsnrunes

Visit site
Talk to the person who took it. As either they didn't know there was money in it (And if it was me and I found out id lost someones haylege money i'd feel terrible about it and offer to replace it) or they knew, used it anyway and were careless in which case they should be the ones to cough up (IMO).

Talk to the YO too tomorrow and explain the situation, and next time hand it straight to them. Or put it in a very safe place (grooming kit etc) and tell them where it is.

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
If I was the person who had lost the money, then I would without doubt replace it.

However, just check that person didnt take the money out prior to using the envelope, either putting it elsewhere to be kept safe or to the YO :)