Smart country/ riding boots

11bluewolf

Visit site
My mum is going to take up riding again, just hacking once or twice a week at the most. It won't be anything more than wondering around on a very, very safe horse.

So I am wanting to buy her some country boots or similar. I know that they are not the best for riding but she wants something that she can walk the dog in, do jobs in and also occasionally ride in.

Does anyone have any recommendations of some smart country boots, I find that a lot of them are aimed towards the younger market and Im worried that she won't like them.

Dark brown leather is preferable, something smart, functional and not too expensive - but they must also be of good quality so they last.

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great. Thank you!

Auslander

Visit site
I am not a fan of riding in country boots, as I find that most are too floppy in the leg, and too short, so they catch under the flaps of my dressage saddle. I have just bought some Rhinegold Vermont ones, and I find them far better for riding in than any others I've worn. They're also smart and comfortable

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Grasmere's or Coniston's by ariat are great for riding in as well as a good country boot. My old grasmere's lasted me years, maybe 12 I still have them but they are a little weatherbeaten and smell pretty bad :D... still waterproof but just tatty. I did absolutely everything in them. (ok maybe not everything but most things)

Last edited: