Smiths Lawn....another one

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi all
Saf reporting from a mixed day at Smiths

Had very good dressage lesson yesterday and some of that must have rubbed off and stayed in Safs brain as for the second event running managed sub 40...........very good for us at 37.6. Had a blip in the middle when the horse in the next ring refused to go in and proceeded to buck and rear which Saf thought looked fun
ooo.gif

Onto the SJ at the last event I was galloped off with in the SJ so tried her in a combination bit with the extra of a grackle
smirk.gif
Get away from that one
wink.gif

Went really well for 4 faults.
[img=http://thumb13.webshots.com/t/53/453/5/81/74/2643581740063563553VXGFFP_th.jpg]
[img=http://thumb13.webshots.com/t/30/31/5/30/69/2317530690063563553wCvyZi_th.jpg]

So now the fun XC, started well, rode like a muppet at number 3, looked a bit big so went kicking and a flapping
shocked.gif
jumped huge bless, then on to the coffin and totally ballsed it up knew it was on a right turn but hugged the bush a bit too much and she suddenly saw the rail and stopped turned and jumped it like a pro, so angry with myself. The rest of the course she was flying and very pleased through the quarry, skinnys and first water then after fence 15 started to catch the horse in front on the down hill to the second water, she jumped the roll top huge and missed the step..............crunch.........I fell on my head and the rails, Saf went down demolished part of the step and when I asked if we could remount the jump judges did not have a clue so I said I was going to retire anyway. Have seen now I have been given the big E.
Saf just has a small cut on her chin and has bust both back Clarendons, gosh must have really saved her legs, thank god, will defo buy some more and I was unable to eat dinner due to sore jaw but wine going down well
wink.gif
She trotted up sound at home and put her out for an hour with her mate she gallopped off
smile.gif

[img=http://thumb13.webshots.com/t/30/31/9/1/48/2614901480063563553jjXazf_th.jpg]

Thanks for reading
Clare and Saf
grin.gif

We live to fight another day
wink.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh god hope youre both ok- saw several nearly fall up that step- they catch sight of collecting ring at last minute and take focus off, bad course design imho for the novice horse.
But well done for the dr and sj and at least you live to fight another day

vic07

Visit site
love the piccies. Where the brakes better xc? I always find that one phase improves and another phase can go a bit wrong. Well done. It all sounds so promising as do the piccies. Where you off to next? Hope the bruises are ok tomorrow.

siennamum

Visit site
What a good girl and what a shame for you. Your flapping & kicking at the big fence sounds horribly familiar ..
On the whole though you must be confident about everything going in your favour soon.

Saf

community.webshots.com
Thanks Boss, saw sis got first point
wink.gif
, seems to be eluding us.
Have to agree on the collecting ring being too close, just did not feel like she jumped up the step and after doing so many elsewhere on the course feel gutted.
At least we are home safe
cool.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi
Yes brakes much better was actually able to let her run and able to set up nearer to the fence, will be saving this combo only for events
wink.gif

Firle is next then not sure?
What about you?

vic07

Visit site
Gald brakes worked it is so horrible not being in control - I hate not being in control. What a control freak I am! Well done - novice is such a leap now!

Firle too. Haven't entered yet as the ground is crap currently. Though it did absolutely p****** it down today and they had to close estbourne shopping centre so might help the ground a bit! My intro is entered for her very first attempt! Might enter pn as well, so could be a very busy weekend! Might see you there!

South of England is quite a nice novice!

H-J

www.piczo.com
Hi,

That was me you caught up I think, as the horse after me fell at the water, I didnt realise it was you mum said a horse had a nasty fall there, hope you are ok

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi
How did you go? Saf and I are both fine, bruised egos
wink.gif

Two horses behind me fell too that looked bad also and then later on my friends horse fell there too, as Boss said too close to the collecting ring and seemed to distract them?
Was desperate to get round, poor Saf was livid she could see the last fence
laugh.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
He was a good boy, have written a report!! I went clear Sj and then had 20pens at the double of skinnies but he spooked left at the fence about 7strides out and I just jumped the alternative as I was in front of it!! very annoying! Always find jump judges at smiths lawn quite harsh.

Did you think the SJ was quite big?

Rain was horrid wasnt it that horrible drizzle.

Saf

community.webshots.com
Can't remember who build the SJ but the last time I did BSJA there it was huge, maybe the same builder?
Yes agree they gave me horse fall and I thought the horses shoulder had to touch the ground? not going to argue either
confused.gif

Yes very wet everything soggy but should be good for those competing tomorrow
wink.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
I thought number 1 was quite big for number 1 and the last line, the rest was ok, as ok as SJ can be!!!! Much prefer XC.

Thought the XC course rode nice though, did you take the direct route through the double of narrow palisades, if so how did it ride for you?

So annoyed he spooked!! But he is quite spooky and as I looked around when he spooked he had a motorbike up his bottom!!! cant of helped either!!

Saf

community.webshots.com
I was really please with the XC course, went the skinny to skinny but Saf is a lock on sort of girl, just set her up and almost SJed it, did have the benifit of watching the PC through it a couple of weeks ago.
Know what you mean about the motor bikes the same one I presume was at the next fence for me and I nearly jumped him as he crossed infront
mad.gif
he did wave so hope he was saying sorry
crazy.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
What nightmare but what can you do! I just knew it would be something like that and him being spooky because he never stops! He sees a fence and goes stopping him is usually the trouble!

Will leave roundings on next time though he is obviously more comfortable like that getting into a nice rythym, think I interfered too much XC because I could!

H-J

www.piczo.com
Right must go to sleep, holding eyes open with matchsticks!! Was up at 4.30am not nice!! And the M25 was a nightmare!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Sounds like it is all so nearly coming together!
smile.gif
Rather an over-enthusiatic horse than the opposite.Well done in the Dressage and SJ too
cool.gif

SW3

Visit site
Clare - what rotten luck, you poor poor things! Hope you and Saf bounce back super quick for the next outing and thank goodness there are just a few bruises and broken boots rather than anything more serious to deal with! All the best, S

Saf

community.webshots.com
Thankies all

Eating this morning still a no go, a pain goes right up into my ear?
Have just washed the boots and taken a good look they really saved her legs the cuts have gone through all but the fleece linings, feel very lucky
smile.gif