Smiths Lawn first report...

Bossanova

Visit site
So sister had Grinder and new boy Odin in the open novice (only class with spaces!!) today. Both had very close times so I didnt see much as was mainly running around trying to get right horse to right phase at the right time!!
Grinder up first, did a sweet test, bit harshly marked for 42. Then Odin did dressage and his lack of schooling also landed him with a 42- plenty of room for improvement in both!
SJ- both boys are a little prone to having fences- Grinder through babyness (this was only his 2nd novice) and Odin through being economical. Well blow me down, both jumped perfect clear rounds
grin.gif

Onto xc, a twisty turny course with plenty of questions. Grinder was a superstar- lovely clear round way off the time but she wasnt pushing at all so he ended with a double clear and won his first point!!
Odin jumped like a pony, he's very clever and agile and Tam says a pleasure to ride but he had a naughty run out a a skinny palisade double- he now has skinny schooling booked regularly until the next one!!

So all in all a good day, Grinder astounded us with how well he's moved up a level and Odin, despite having only been with us 3 days, didnt disgrace himself and theres so much more to come from him

siennamum

Visit site
what a great pair of boys. Grinder really could go places by the sound of things
smile.gif
You should deffo try and steal one of them I think.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Fantastic!! Isn't Grinder an absolute star in the making! He must be so brave and really love his jumping. Well done to Odin too
smile.gif