Smiths Lawn

BID

Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the pre-novice is like here. I am going on Tuesday for the first time.

Thanks

H-J

www.piczo.com
Its lovely, need a horse bold into water though really as you have to jump into a great big lake, it is sectioned off but you can still see right across the lake, you have to jump a white rail before the water. It is sandy going, not really anywahere to get up much speed all through woods really but a lovely lovely event my favourite of the year
smile.gif

Suzy

Visit site
I haven't been since 2003 but don't think it has changed much. It is quite a nice straight forward PN. However, the first water is a bit overwhelming as you have to jump a small white rail and then a few strides later go into the lake. It is the side of windsor lake so to the horse it looks like you are jumping out to sea (or so my old chap told me when he refused to go in!!). It did cause quite a few problems for PN horses who were stopping at the rail because they were so distracted by the water. It is normally about the 5th fence and if you get past it ok I don't think there is anything else to really worry about.

Good luck!! (and good luck to all the rest of you who are going there - couldn't afford another day off work sadly!)

BID

Visit site
Thanks guys, fingers crossed, water will be interesting, used to have a problem but seems sorted now so this will be a good test for us. Will have to get through sj first though which could be tricky!!! Not our strong point at the mo.

BBs

Visit site
Did I hear someone say picnic
grin.gif

Ahh the white rails - my mare stopped at them - her first stop all season back in 2002
frown.gif

Im hoping the big fella will be a bit braver
smile.gif

See you all there guys - talk about up with the lark!! Jeez methinks we are leaving at 6am
frown.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
6am?! The luxury of living the right side of the M25 and having a lorry that doesn't think it's a tractor! My lorry was appalling going to and from Shropshire at the weekend, am hoping to get it fixed before SL. By the end of the journey it was averaging 30 on the flat and 20 uphill, not nice on motorways
frown.gif
I'm pretty sure it's a fuel problem, it's just not getting through. I had one filter changed 2 months back but something more needs doing. On the good side it used a lot less than I had thought it would, just over a tank for the whole thing.

Re picnic - I have a newly adopted pony club family (not sure who's adopted who but anyway) who are coming with me with picnic, which I diligently test-ran on sunday at the area horse trials! Will bring Pimms too as I think we should be done by Pimms o'clock
grin.gif
grin.gif