Snaching on hacks

loopylucifer

Visit site
My horse has a very bad habit of snatching genrally only does on way back from hacks and is worse in company. she is very fit and has had back teeth stc checked. doews it when on longor short rein, she is ridden in for hacking either a french link pelham or myler 04 pelham have tried several different bits but nothing makes much difference. does anyone have any ideas as to why she maybe doing this or how might get her to stop doing it??

Cyberchick

Visit site
I might not be much help on this by my horse does this when he is tired so normally on the way back. He runs on adrenaline so I can sometimes think he is fitter than he is. The only way I get around it schooling and hacking is to get his fitness up and go for shorter hacks or finish schooling before this happens.

BoneyM

New User
Visit site
Agravating isn't it? I think it's a game. Mine tends to do it when I'm hacking and not concentrating. I find it helps if I keep varying what I'm doing, transitions up and down, circling round bushes (if there are any), gives him something else to think about. He then stops doing it, until I lose the plot again so to speak. Hope this helps

Jingleballs

Visit site
My lad does it when hacking again usually towards the end of the hack but never when schooling - he also head tosses - I'm trying him in a bitless at the weekend to see if perhaps his bit/flash is aggrivating him!