Sneezing pussy cat....

GlamourDol

Visit site
As title really, shes been sneezing for the past couple of days and was fairly quiet today.
She had her jabs at the end of october, so would hope she hadnt picked anything up already.

She came into the country a year ago with flu, so do tend to watch quite closely.

Thought we'd see how she goes over the weekend and if sneezing go to the vets. Would you take her sooner, or just assume shes got a bit of a bug?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
If the cat is quiet/lethargic I would take her to the Vet tomorrow. Some cats will stop eating and drinking when they feel poorly, so keep an eye on her hydration levels (skin pinch test is useful).

TrasaM

Visit site
Mine have timed their sneezes perfectly at times! Right in my face:eek: cats do get colds- or at least mine do but unless she gets lethargic and off her food don't worry.:)

cloverleaf1985

Visit site
My cat has been sneezing lately. Maybe a couple of times a day. She's bright, eating, drinking and doesn't have runny eyes etc.
she's an indoor cat so couldn't be anything like a grass sees or something.
I don't know if its enough to warrant a vet visit either!

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Both mine had a cold in January when that first snow came they were caught outside after a week they recovered.
Both eating throughout but were lethargic just like we get with a cold. I spoke to vets who said not to worry.

thewonderhorse

Visit site
Hi, once they've had cat flu they will always have it in their system. Its generally not dangerous to adult cats, juat young kittens and oldies.

They can have trouble with snotty noses as they can't smell food as well. Something like tuna or pilchards mixed in with their wet cat food can help them and tempt them to eat more. Make sure he/she is drinking and getting enough fluids.

I wouldn't worry too much though. Adult cats are generally tough and will get over it fairly quickly :)

GlamourDol

Visit site
Hi, once they've had cat flu they will always have it in their system. Its generally not dangerous to adult cats, juat young kittens and oldies.

They can have trouble with snotty noses as they can't smell food as well. Something like tuna or pilchards mixed in with their wet cat food can help them and tempt them to eat more. Make sure he/she is drinking and getting enough fluids.

I wouldn't worry too much though. Adult cats are generally tough and will get over it fairly quickly :)

I didnt realise that.

She seems a little better this evening. Slept in between our two duvets all night, but has had a bit of a charge about. Hopefully just a bit run down!

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com

Yep we had one that had cat flu as a small kitten and nobody expected her to live she was so weak and tiny. She was PTS at 18! She always sneezed and had a snotty nose (and thick breathing) but apart from that she was fine. Hope your cat is on the mend xx