Snooker Showjumping?!?

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Has anyone done this and if so, do you have a copy of the rules.

From what I remember it's a Have a Gamble/Chase me Charlie against the clock type class where there is one 'Red' fence and the rest are the colours of snooker balls going up in value/height according to the colour eg black is highest value and the highest/hardest jump. The idea that you can 'pot' any colour you like as many times as you like, but you must jump the red fence before going for any of the colours, just like a snooker game, have to pot a red before a colour, then red and colour etc etc.

I read about this somewhere on a show schedule (can't for the life of me remember where) and we want to do this at our yard show but just need some of the rules. I did a google, but it just brought back lots of sites that mentioned both show jumping and snooker - but not this particular event.

Any ideas or anyone know the rules??

G

Weezy

Visit site
Sounds like a (tries to think of the name in English) Top Score or Take your own line comp - I love them

You have higher fences for higher values - if you knock one you cannot rejump it, if you clear it you can (except for the joker - usually you can only jump that once) - it is timed against the clock and the person with the highest score wins
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
Haven't heard of it before.

If you can't find any rules...invent your own! Make it much more exciting and entertaining
grin.gif

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Hi Jen - Ludo is getting on just fine. He's now walking out for 20 mins a day and is due to have scan on 31st August. Hopefully (fingers x'd) that we can then start to do a little bit more work. How are you? Is you shoulder OK now?

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
OK, then let get on with inventing our own! Here's a few thoughts to get the rules going:

confused.gif
If a colour fence is knocked down do they just not get the points or do they lose the value and so end up with some competitors that might have minus points!
confused.gif
Should the number of attempts at a colour fenced be limited? In real snooker it's unlimited until all the reds have been potted.
confused.gif
If the red fence is knocked down is it rebuilt to keep the competition going for that competitor or is the round over and the competitor finishes on the points gained to that point? In which case what if the red fence is knocked down first (tough luck?)
confused.gif
How long should the round be - 60 seconds, 90 seconds 120 seconds
confused.gif
Is the hardest jump (ie the black one) placed closest to the red one to encourage people who wouldn't normally risk it take it becuase it's close and therefore more time or furthest away to make it harder for the braver ones to get back to the red fence?

Any other rules/regulations?
wink.gif

Weezy

Visit site
OK - when I did these in Spain we usually had between 3 and 5 minor points fences (reds in this case) so if you knocked one you could go on

If you knock one the points get deducted

Colour fences can be attempted however many times you like EXCEPT the joker (black) you can only do it once

90 secs

you HAVE to go through the finish line before your time is up

SJFAN

Visit site
They certainly had such a class at Olympia a couple of times many years back, and I have a feeling that at least one county show also did. I can't remember the full details but I know that in the Olympia version there were 3 red fences, each of which to jumped followed by a colour, as in snooker. It didn't work as well as it should have because the course designer made it virtually impossible to score a maximum.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
when i did one last about 6 years ago the rules were (i think) as follows

You have 3 reds and then one of each colour fences. The reds were smallest and then with each colour (in the snooker sequence!) they got gradually larger.

You had to jump a red then a colour then a different red then a colour then the last red then a colour and then the colours in order. It was fault and out with a maximum of 60 seconds to jump as many fences as possible. You gained 1 point for each red and then the colours were worth the same points as in normal snooker. the person with the most points in the fastest time won.

Katie

Claireg9

Visit site
Santa 145 has it spot on! After 60 seconds is up the hooter goes and they have to get back to the line, if they finish before 60 seconds the fastest time wins!