Snoopy is a girlie swat

BBs

Visit site
I have just come back from taking young Snoop for his first ride at home.

He is a true gent to tack up, he is now wearing my beautiful cliff barnsby bridle (which belonged to Bally) and Winstons jumping saddle fits him a treat also YAY!!

I led him up to the mounting block and hopped on - he marched off to the arena and went round there like a real pro! we had a trot round on both reins - had a bit of spook and ran forward when a bird flew up but nothing else and settled back too it! we had a nice canter round - he is so balanced doesnt even wobble on a 20 metre circle, he was definitely eyeing up the fences in teh school, but seeing as some of them are um quite big (Winston height
wink.gif
) we thought we'd wait till tomorrow to attempt those
wink.gif

Then we decided to take him to the back paddock to meet the sheep and ducks - had a trot round and then up to the main road to meet traffic! he was a sweetheart and didnt even blink going past the dustbins - his ears flicked when cars went past but he didnt put a foot wrong!

We got back and Rocky went and had a wash - Snoop got a little upset and did break his very old tatty rope (which was on its way out anyway) i untacked him and then washed his feet off and girth area with the power hose and he didnt care! just took it all in his stride!

He is now happily back in his stable munching hay and picking at carrots!

So our first ride together was rather uneventful but fantastic
smile.gif

Thanks for reading
smile.gif

Vx

S_N

Visit site
Sounds to me like he is living up to his name! you don't get much more laid back than Snoopy eh! He sounds brilliant. WE NEED MORE PICCIES
grin.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
Definitely!

Took Merry for his first little XC outing yesterday actually - he was absolutely amazing! Mostly just following other people but he had a go at everything (including water / ditches / steps etc). Legs all over the place and take-off point somewhat variable, but he is going to be a star!

I want to try to get him out a few more times before the ground goes horrid and all the courses close for the winter.

Tempi

Visit site
your first ride sounds far too boring to me - you needed to do a me and get half on, bronked down the school with and then a bale out just in case crazy horse tries to take the fence at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he does sound fab tho, you're really lucky
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
YAY for Merry
smile.gif

I am pleased to hear that! sounds to me that M and S are very similar! Snoop is very bold in his outlook
smile.gif

Okay well I dont want to rush too much with him atm! plus money
crazy.gif
but we should sort something out very soon
smile.gif

I shall be asking you for a lead
wink.gif

BBs

Visit site
Yep i am rather happy it is rather boring! but I cant say he isnt forward going - i dont have to kick him at all - he just sets himself off and there he goes lol

Problem with Snoop is, is that he would take on the fence easy peesy! hence why he is still in his stable and not out in the paddock! I have a few alterations to do before he goes out lol

How is your newbee doing now?

Tempi

Visit site
newbie is doing well
smile.gif
rode him yesterday (thats 3 times now!) and will ride him tonight. problem is he just freaks out when other horses come on the school, but i know with time he'l get used to it
smile.gif
just lots of patience (which im not good at!!) i just want to get out and get competing!!!!! but ive set my self the realistic targed of doing a couple of unaffliateds over the winter then getting into the BD thing in january.

BBs

Visit site
Oh good! I am pleased hes settling better
smile.gif

I got YO to bring in her pony and he rode around in the scary leaves - whcih really did rustle! Snoop wasnt sure but boldy continued on his merry way!

Thankfully i know Snoop has been BSJAing already so he doesnt mind other horses - but i feel for you! as my old race horse was just the same! was a nightmare in the warmup but totally chilled in the actual arena!

Just give him time, obviously a sensitve soul!

Have you got any new pics?

teapot

Visit site
Fabby stuff, sounds like a total sweetheart

he doesnt have an older brother that's a schoolmaster and a needs a sharer does he? ~is getting bored of not having anything to ride~

Tempi

Visit site
well we've got a new camera now, but no memory card!! ive sent mum off with instructions today - so fingers crossed she gets the right one, then they'l be picture winging their way online asap!!!!!
grin.gif