snot

sj_mad

Visit site
hiya my 22yr old horse has been coughing a little and is snotting pale yellow snot overnight, it started in november when i started bringing her in on a night, she hardly coughs now but the snot is still outside her stable on a morning. The horse does have copd any idea what it could be?

alleycat

Visit site
Probably is the result of COPD; most normal stables just aren't ventilated sufficiently well for a horse with this condition.

My old mare was like this- yellow snot & all- & despite change of bedding, steamed / soaked hay, daily turnout, window left open etc. the condition was not controllable until I swapped her stable for a box with walls left open all round above the horses back; after that no real probs.

Our vet suggested something similar to someone whose horse used to sweat up in his stable, saying that stable design isn't generally very good, and that we really ought to routinely remove the top 2 planks of a wooden box on every exposed side for the sake of ventilation.

joy

Visit site
Maybe not, see my previous posts about a snotty youngster.
Mine started with the snots in November and is just coming right now.
The snorts have cleared up and the cough is softening, talking to friends they say 3 months.