Snow!

only_me

Visit site
We have had such heavy snow overnight, everything is covered! Have any of you guys had snow?

Billy is absolutely loving it, he is so happy and playing non-stop in his field!! He is constantly rolling, galloping, rearing and generally acting the idiot :p

DSC00086_zps515dd097.jpg
DSC00084_zps3fd0da17.jpg

DSC00069_zps585d3c9f.jpg
DSC00090_zps98fae806.jpg

DSC00132_zps255144c8.jpg

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
Oodles here - My two mares were unimpressed and queuing up to come back in the barn half an hour after I crow barred them out their boxes!

New puppy on the other hand thinks it is great fun and has been running round like a loon all morning ��

sarahann1

Visit site
Not even a hint of it where I am, its lovely and sunny but blimin freezing, max temp of 2 degrees all day and a 'feels like' of -6 degrees by tonight.

Managed to get a lesson after our arena finally defrosted on Monday, I suspect I'll not be getting one this Monday coming :(

NellRosk

Visit site
We have quite a lot but everything is at a standstill here. Usually takes me 15 mins to get to work took me 1 and a half hours! Dreading going up to the yard tonight, they're kept down a long track. Last week when we got snow another livery skidded on the track and ended up in a ditch! Had to be pulled out by tractor :eek:

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Yep snow in central Scotland..my two are out in it but only two other owners have turned out today.Its sunny now so getting slushy..man on the radio is saying more this evening so I think Im going to bring ponios in earlier than usual. Keep safe everyone.

only_me

Visit site
yes, we have another 5 inches and its drifting. Horses all have icicles and I'm not sure the foreign one is that impressed!
wow! 5 inches would be awesome, we aren't quite there yet I think :p although mum is a district nurse and is having to walk to her patients so I don't think she wants anymore snow lol.

No, Thank God! My little car wouldn't make it to the yard ������

Those photos look stunning though!

Ax
I'm lucky, all I have do to is walk up the orchard to get to the yard ;) Thank you!

i have no snow yet , looks so pretty there,but can i say what a handsome horse Billy is, i have to confess to having a real soft spot for horses like him . great photo's !
Thank you! I love his personality, he is such a character :) Plus, he has to be the easiest horse around which is a big plus ;)

Thick snow here!
10346372_10100120849211742_6704059595050747201_n.jpg

Glad it's not my day to do the horse, it was bad enough doing him last night, I've never driven in snow before and it just started on my way home :eek:
very pretty! I used to have to drive in very thick snow when I was working in the thick depths of the countryside lol but I don't miss it :p is there more snow forecast?

only_me

Visit site
Oodles here - My two mares were unimpressed and queuing up to come back in the barn half an hour after I crow barred them out their boxes!

New puppy on the other hand thinks it is great fun and has been running round like a loon all morning ��
Lol Billy is refusing to come in and is currently having a nap in the snow :p

Not even a hint of it where I am, its lovely and sunny but blimin freezing, max temp of 2 degrees all day and a 'feels like' of -6 degrees by tonight.

Managed to get a lesson after our arena finally defrosted on Monday, I suspect I'll not be getting one this Monday coming :(
I've only been able to ride twice in our arena this month - it's always frozen solid!!

We have quite a lot but everything is at a standstill here. Usually takes me 15 mins to get to work took me 1 and a half hours! Dreading going up to the yard tonight, they're kept down a long track. Last week when we got snow another livery skidded on the track and ended up in a ditch! Had to be pulled out by tractor :eek:
:eek:

Spring Feather

Visit site
Oh lol there's nothing awesome about our snow ... we all sit here waiting for the darned stuff to melt in about ooh 3 months time :D Yours on the other hand is pretty and will be gone in a few days. I like that better :smile3:

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
wow! 5 inches would be awesome, we aren't quite there yet I think :p although mum is a district nurse and is having to walk to her patients so I don't think she wants anymore snow lol.

we only got rid of the last 5 inches last week :) I love it, we get a lot of rain here so snow is clean and relatively dry-plus it makes a beautiful place even more beautiful. The only time it looks better is the height of summer when the heather is out.

I live 3 miles from the nearest treated road. We don't have a 4x4 but I have a clio with winter tyres and snow socks and I get about fine mostly (although working from home today). I love driving in the snow, its like rally driving :p and small cars are great-its generally the clearance that lets them down.

This was last week

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153025394267866&l=78e459448d

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Heavy for us ;) five inches here! My friend who I share the horse with was doing him this morning and driving home in it she went into the back of another car :( I'm will be getting the train to the yard if it sticks! But it seems to have stopped and will hopefully melt, pretty as it is!

Glad I can work from home too! Brr.

Enfys

Visit site
Oh lol there's nothing awesome about our snow ... we all sit here waiting for the darned stuff to melt in about ooh 3 months time :D Yours on the other hand is pretty and will be gone in a few days. I like that better :smile3:

:D They are pretty pictures.

I have become a bit blasé about snow, it comes every winter it stays around for a few months, like muck it is only the depth that varies ;) I am hoping for another 10cm or so later, just for better footing for the horses, they are all tippy toeing about over frozen muck at the moment. Fresh snow covers it nicely.

Is there much at the new place?

Last edited:

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Had our first dusting about 20 mins ago, had thunder and lightning too and of course it started as I was out across large open flat airfield walking the dogs!
Not really settling though at the moment. A couple of years ago we had 18 inches, we are on a hill yet down in the Valley they rarely get more than a few inches if that

Auslander

Visit site
Chucked it down with hail here, and thunder, and lightening. Just as I was standing in the middle of the field, trying to sort out Spike who had ripped a large chunk of his heel off. Joy...