Snuggy hoods

MizElz

Visit site
I hadnt heard of these until today...however YO came over to tell me about them as we were clipping Ellie, and they do seem quite a good idea! Someone on the yard has one that doesnt fit her new horse - it was custom made for her previous horse but was very rarely used. We tried it on Ellie tonight and it fits a treat, and she said I am welcome to buy it from her. If I were to buy from the website, it would cost me £94 brand new; if I bought from the lady on my yard, she wants £80 for nearly-new (it is immaculate).

a) are they as good as they're made out to be?
and
b) is it worth me buying new, or had I just as well go for the second hand one?

smile.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
I have one and love it, but it does ride up merlins face a bit and creep into his eye bags
frown.gif
frown.gif

Its great for keeping the mud off though.

If it fits then get the second hand one.... has it got a zip and ears etc.... and have you checked the website for a proper price..... £94 sounds quite dear, and even £80 is top price
smile.gif
smile.gif

MizElz

Visit site
Yes I've been on the website, and the one I would want (with zip and ears) would be £94....and the one I've been offered has zip and ears too!
smile.gif

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I have just brought a brand new Snuggy hoods turnout hood off ebay for £55 as a buy it now. Fits my dirty hippo Tb a treat and has stopped his facial mudpacks. £80 for a second hand one is very expensive - try ebay. Mine arrived overnight delivery. Fantastic service.

LauraBR

Visit site
Have to go against the grain and say I absolutely hate them and would never leave a horse unsupervised in one no matter how well fitted I thought it was
crazy.gif

I have seen with my own eyes several horses whose snuggy hoods have slipped over their eyes etc. They rub terribly when they slip into the wrong position- almost always around the delicate eye area. The very idea of turning a horse out in one sends shivers down my spine
crazy.gif

Easiest way to keep a horse's face warm is not to clip the lot off!
smile.gif

dressagecrazy

Visit site
I love Snuggy T/O Hoods i have 3 now & they really make life so much easier in winter if you own a Hippo. Ive never had a problem with the fit of my Snuggy Hoods & they don't move but i am pedantic about the fit of them.

To me Snuggy hoods are the best thing since sliced bread.

Tiffany

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have one and love it, but it does ride up merlins face a bit and creep into his eye bags
frown.gif
frown.gif

Its great for keeping the mud off though.

If it fits then get the second hand one.... has it got a zip and ears etc.... and have you checked the website for a proper price..... £94 sounds quite dear, and even £80 is top price
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they waterproof then
confused.gif

custard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
a) are they as good as they're made out to be?
and
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but make sure it's long enough in the neck not to ride forward when the horse puts it's head down, otherwise they are far better than the cheaper imitations, imo!

merlinsquest

Visit site
Showerproof rather than waterproof, though I have yet to have merlin come in wet underneath it.

Infact he is far dryer than if his head were naked.

Even though his is a questionable fit, it has never slipped over his eyes...... just ridden up his face slightly as he puts his head down
frown.gif

Therefore he doesnt wear it now, at least until I adjust it
smile.gif
smile.gif