Snuggy turnout hoods but no neck rug? Ok or no?

Jesstickle

Visit site
Can you use one with a standard neck rug or do they really work better with a neck rug?

I'm not sure how waterproof they are meant to be or whether they would move around?

MileyMouse

Visit site
I use mine with a no neck. Did use it under a full neck but made the mane rubbing situation worse. They are shower proof but I just washed mine in some nikwax and its now water repellant :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
Excellent. That was what I wanted to hear but was worried it wouldn't be the case. Trying to get away from having to buy loads of hoods as have given up on full neck rugs as they take out far too much mane!

Loubidy

Visit site
I would only worry if it was proper raining but that depends on how your horse finds cold but then I would assume if it was bad enough weather for your horse you'd take it in. Really just depends on the horse..

Jesstickle

Visit site
Well given that I don't want it for warmth, only to keep the mud off it doesn't need to be warm. It just needs to be dry. I would happily turn out all winter in rugs with no necks if it didn't mean picking clots of mud out of ears and dreadlocked manes!

Roll on winter. Joy.

Though to be fair it is glorious out there right now. I rode at half seven and it was already 15 degrees. Lovely :)

slumdog

Visit site