so annoyed

Josh_craney

Visit site
im really really fuming ive been away for 2 weeks so my mum was looking after roxy for me well when i was away roxy was tied up out side the stable enjoying a brush down when this new big thing thats came to the yard just before i left. nice freindly cob just overwight (owner wants to bring her on and sell her). anyway mum told me on the phone that this horse barged out the stable breaking the hinges and completly deystoying the door, all whilst roxy was tied up. so this door came swinging at full speed and the foot catch thing on the bottom swang right round and caught roxy right on the ankle. so today when went to get her out the field to ride her i noticed she was so stiff on her back leg so we just walked down the lane a bit to see if it would ease off it was better but if it doesnt improve we will have to get vet out.

the thing is yo didnt have a decent top lock as the stable doors are dropping so they dont fit so im so annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as we could have a big vet bill to pay out

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the thing is yo didnt have a decent top lock as the stable doors are dropping so they dont fit so im so annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as we could have a big vet bill to pay out

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry your horsey got hurt - a most unfortunate accident! Hope it's nothing serious!

As you say, infuriating about the lack of a decent top door lock, though in this instance I do wonder if it would have held 'tank type cob' back if he/she was that determined at coming out!

Their sheer strength is amazing isn't it?
CB got his bridle hooked over a top door bolt once & finding himself 'trapped', yanked back so hard, not only did he break the bridle, he pulled the entire ruddy door off, which fell down beside him with an almighty crash!
blush.gif

Fingers crossed your poor girl has just had a bit of a bang to her leg & hasn't done any real damage! xxx