So bl00dy mad

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
My horses were in NSW Australia at a reputable stud. I left them there in capable hands (or so I thought) until the foal was big enough to make the 5 day journey by road to Perth. Well they arrived today, looking worse for wear. But what horrorfied me was the adult round worm hanging from my foals backside. I am so p!ssed off.... This place wasn't cheap. She is 4 months, and is ferral, hasn't seen a farrier never been wormed and I am guesing hasn't had her tetanus. Grrrr

I imported the mare in foal, so not blimming cheap.

Sorry for the rant, but I am so annoyed.
frown.gif

kerilli

Visit site
eww, poor foal. i'd take lots of pics of condition and feet, vid of 'feral behaviour' if you can, and when you worm foal, collect all worms from droppings and put in a jar and photograph as evidence. i'd show the stud all this and i would definitely be asking for compensation!

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
I contacted the stud, and had "maybe the foal has built up a resistance to wormers"
confused.gif
(she is 4 months old) and "she didn't look wormy" They are obviously not going to take any responsibility for this. I sent them the following pic. Sorry for it being so gross. But its a pretty large worm which suggests she has never been wormed.

Thanks again for support guy's. I will do what you said Kerilli re pic's etc.
EDIT TO ADD.. I have been up there to worm and give tetanus shots today. Hopefully I can stop any gut damage before it starts.
frown.gif

DSC_9493.jpg

S_N

Visit site
Dear GOD!! That is bloody awful!! I'd be tempted to talk to a solicitor tbth! They have potentially compromised the future health of your foal!

Whizz105

Visit site
OMG. So tiff not been wormed either?! no wonder you were so happy to get them home! I would definatly get a worm count done on both. lots of pictures and get legal advise. did you sign any agreement with the Stud?